Chapter 1

🚨🚨 W A R N I N G 🚨🚨

I wrote this when I was 13. When you read this book, there will be A LOT of grammatical errors and typos. Never say I didn't warn you, because I have. Btw, I hope you enjoy reading this book. I'll edit this book one day.
Edit: This book is now being edited!

---

HYERA'S POV

"Hyera! Wake up! You have school today!" My mom tries to wake me up. I, being myself, just keep my eyes shut and pretend to sleep because I was too tired to go school. I hate school and forever will. I have gone through a lot of bad times and the most worst nightmares ever in school.

"Hyera, wake up now! Don't wanna be late on your first day of school, right?" My mom shook my body and tickled my feet.

Oh no.

I clenched my fist under the blanket and held in the urge to laugh out loud, but like I expected, I failed. I couldn't hold it in any longer and quickly sat up straight from my so-called failed mission.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I chanted out loud and pulled my feet away from my mom's mischievous hands. I then made my way to the toilet and took my bath, after seeing my mom walk out of the room, chuckling at me.

After I finished taking my morning bath, I then swallowed myself into my new school uniform, before disguising myself with big, nerd spectacles and a jet black wig.

You guys must be wondering why I disguise myself, right?

I use all those things because I want to hide my true self from people. Especially boys, or better known as, a creature with a wild hormone named testosterone. Like what I've mentioned before, I don't want the same history to happen again. The history that completely changed my life into what I am now.

I walked downstairs and spotted my mom at the counter, preparing breakfast for my family, which consists of my dad, my mom and I. Yup! I'm an only daughter!

"Good morning, Mom." I greeted her, giving her a lovely kiss on her right cheek.

"Good morning, my baby." She patted my hair and gave me her motherly smile. "I've put your sandwich on the table. Go and eat now. You're going to be late." Mum directed and turned me around by the shoulders as she pushed me towards the table.

"Dad's coming." I told her and she stopped pushing me with wide eyes.

"Oh no, his coffee. You go. I'll be there later." I nodded my head to my mom and walked towards my dad, who seemed to be having problems with his tie.

As one of my weird habits, I automatically went to my dad and helped him with it. "You look great, Dad." I praised and patted his shoulder twice, with a smile on my lips.

"I know, my daughter." He patted my head and I laughed because of his sudden changed in voice. He too, burst out laughing with me.

We have our breakfast together while talking about random things or, should I call it, repeating the same question and answer every morning for my entire seventeen years of life.

When we were eating, suddenly Dad's phone rang. He answered his phone, and right afterward he let out a big sigh. "Hyera, ah, I can't send you to school today because I have something really urgent to do." With a pout on my face, I nodded my head and Dad stood up from his seat, before quickly pecking Mum's and I's cheek. He then gave me a sorry look before rushing out of the room to his car.