Chapter 34

I had a smile on my face as I made breakfast for Taehyung and I.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms snaked around my waist and I flinched in shock, "Yah, Kim Taehyung."

"Are you making omelettes again? If yes, I'm running away," He joked, resting his chin on my shoulder.

I laughed, "I'm just making sandwiches, if that's okay."

I cut a piece of sandwich, then offered to him. He quickly took a bite, then nodded in approval. Satisfied, I dusted my hands and tried to clear the kitchen counter, but Taehyung's hands were still wrapped around my waist. I chuckled, "Will you let me off for awhile?"

"Nope," He answered, squeezing me tighter in his embrace and buried his face deeper into the crook of my neck.

"Kim Taehyung!" I playfully hit his hand for him to let me go, and he finally did after awhile.

I thought he was going to finally let me do my work, but he held me by my shoulders and spun me around to face him.

My eyes widened and I stared up at him, puzzled. Suddenly, he put his hands on either sides of my waist, supporting me up to sit on the kitchen counter. I smiled, wrapping my hands around his neck. He kept his hands on my waist and grinned at me in return with his eyes half opened.

Taehyung's hair was still messy, evident that he just got up from bed. I held my smile, "Go wash yourself up, kid."

He used his index finger and his thumb and clipped my lips to shut me up, "You're really going to work today?"

I pulled his hand away and answered, "Yes, why?"

"Then I'll follow," He replied.

"Just stay home, will you? You're sick. Get some rest, I'll be home by 6 or so," I assured him, but he didnt look too pleased.

"Whatever," he simply said and instantly let go of me. He turned on the ball of his feet and walked away.

"Yah, you can't be mad, right?" I pushed myself off the kitchen counter and sighed, my eyes were glued to his back as he blatantly ignored me. He's so bipolar at times, I thought.

I sat at the living room and ate alone, thinking that he'd join me for breakfast but he didn't.

Taehyung did his own things inside the room and didn't approach me at all. When it was almost noon, I got ready for work, and for sure I wasn't going to leave the house without speaking to him at all.

I peeked inside the room, and he was just sitting on the bed using his phone. "Yah, Kim Taehyung," I called him, and he pretended as if he didn't hear me. I took a step inside, then walked further towards the bed. "Are you gonna keep being like this? I told you I'll be home soon."

"Then go to work now," he kept his eyes on his phone screen.

I sat at the edge of the bed, then looked at him, "I'll quit my job soon."

He finally took a glance at me, and sat up, "Really?"

I nodded, "So will you please just let me off today? I know you miss me and stuff but--"

"I didn't say I miss you," He interrupted me.

I raised my eyebrow, then hit his chest repeatedly before he broke into laughter and grabbed my wrist to stop me. He pulled me closer towards him, then pressed his lips against mine gently, "Be home quick."

I nodded, "Alright, rest well."

I got up from bed but Taehyung was still holding onto my hand. My cheeks flushed red as I tried to pull my hand away. "I need to go," I said.