15th Chapter ♣ First Day

"Good luck on your first day."

CHAPTER FIFTEEN ♣ FIRST DAY

Corvan made his way inside a building bigger than Valeriana had ever seen. If it was alright to compare, it was about twice the size of Buckingham Palace in England. The actuality of its height and width had gotten her dizzy just by staring at its size.

"Remember," Corvan told her. "The academy is divided into different areas for the different year levels. This one is your building until you move to your second year, is that clear?"

"Yes."

Corvan made no hesitance to slip past the gigantic doors which reached an ominous height about more than twenty-five feet tall, so Valeriana followed curtly. Stepping in made her feel like entering a grand mansion. The first thing she saw was a large, curved staircase that was narrow on top and wide at the bottom. A red carpet was rolled down, perfectly matching its size and shape.

A few students were huddled in groups in random spots across the room, and their unannounced arrival immediately attracted many of their attention. Murmurings began inside the room, their mocking gazes and devious smiles made Valeriana conscious of herself.

"Are you nervous?" Corvan asked, sauntering towards the first step of the staircase.

Valeriana looked up at him with her expressive, blue eyes and shook her head. "I'm fine, just anxious."

"What's the difference?" He asked, bringing her back to reality.

"It's much worse." She replied.

Corvan remained nonchalant. "Will you act the same way you did before if I tell you that for it'll be impossible for you to even survive before this year ends?"

The human girl raised a brow at him. "What? The part where I freak out and ask you to hide me or the part where I pin you down after you make me realize it's all a sick joke?"

As the memories flashed back inside his head, a smile crept on his lips and he let out a low chuckle. Even he must admit that what happened was quite amusing. All the reason why he wanted it to be kept a secret.

"What? You're laughing because it's funny, right?"

The smile lingered on Corvan's lips. "I must say it is downright amusing."

"Which part?"

"What do you expect? Of course. The part where you did not know what to do."

"Alright, so you refuse to laugh at your own humiliation, huh?"

Corvan frowned at her. "What happened to me wasn't funny at all."

Valeriana giggled. "For me, it's actually the funniest part."

The arrogant lord glared at her. "It isn't."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it isn't."

"Yes, it is."

"Do you seriously want to argue with me?" He asked. "You should know that you're disrespecting someone from a higher status. What you did a while ago was unforgivable."

"Oh, yeah. Like you have any place to say that. Even though I'm a human, that doesn't mean I'm a Valemnian or whatever. I follow by my own world's rules. You aren't the king of the world or anything, so why should I respect you?"

"It's because you're standing within the territories of Valemnia. Haven't you ever heard of the rule to follow the customs of the place when you are there?"