Chapter 17 - Captives

I am putting too much time into this story and not enough into my other stories... Sorry if you're waiting for updates from them! Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter, and everything that comes afterwards!

You woke up in darkness. Small slivers of light filtered down into the cavern; little was visible. Everything that you could see was blurry. You sat up and rubbed your shoulder. You were cold and stiff. Fear ricocheted through your body. It occurred to you that this could be what Manny had been talking about. Maybe if I had told Bunny, he could've saved me. Your hands were shaking. You looked down into the void below and realized that you were hanging from a cage attached to the ceiling. Everything was black. Something shifted next to you. You looked to your right to find a small boy laying in a cage similar to yours.

The boy next to you was coughing. He couldn't have been more than seven. When he looked around, he jumped. Fear seemed to fill him instantly. He banged his hands on the bars and screamed. His cage started swinging wildly in his growing panic.

"Hey! Come on, kiddo, calm down. Panic won't help!"

He looked at you. "Where are we? Why are we here?"

"I don't know. I'm confused, too. What's your name?"

He swallowed. "Johnny. My name is Johnny Bennet."

You wondered if he was related to Jamie. You put your hands against the bars and looked down again. Still, nothing. "Hello?" When silence was your response, you looked at the boy again. "Listen, Johnny. I have friends who are gonna help us, okay? You just have to believe."

He nodded. You smiled, trying to look as comforting as you can, then ran your hands along your body. Where's my bag? It's gone! You moved your clothes around, opening your jacket in search of the satchel that Bunny had given you.

"Is everything okay?" Johnny asked.

"Yes, of course," you replied.

"Looking for something, (Y/N)?"

Pitch.

You looked up. "Give it back, Pitch."

"Well, well, if it isn't (Y/N), finally back from the dead."

"I never died," you coughed out. I must look as weak as I feel. "Give my bag back."

He appeared right in front of you, and you fell backwards. "Why?"

"Because it's mine. You have no right to take it!"

"I'm the Guardian of Nightmares. I do have the right."

"You're no Guardian. You'll never be a Guardian."

He smirked at you, then flew back into the darkness. You looked around wildly. Pitch was nowhere to be seen, but you could feel his presence. "Get back here, Pitch. Let Johnny go."

"Oh, I see. You think you're a Guardian, don't you, (Y/N)?"

Rage filled you. He was the reason that you hadn't slept for days for all that time. He was the reason that Bunny had been so reluctant to talk to you about his past life. He was why you had suffered through what you had.

You jumped to your feet. "Let him go! You don't have reason to do this!"

He formulated in your cage. It expanded as he appeared. "I want power again."

You stayed away from him. "It's never worked, Pitch. It never will work!"

"It worked in the Dark Ages! It would've worked last time, if it wasn't for Jack Frost.