Chapter 1

"Brazil here I come... Thankssss amigo." I heard the words coming from the dangerous snake exhibit and mentally groaned.

"Baballo!" I hissed and marched my way to the exhibit which was now missing the snake.

I saw a tail slither around the corner and heard the screaming of muggles, or normal people without magic. I grabbed my animal control stick and prepared to catch the missing snake. Racing into the parking lot, I saw a boy who seemed oddly familiar. He must have been here before. I thought to myself before persuing the snake.

"Over here Rosssie." Baballo taunted from atop the statue that stood at the entrance of the zoo.

Growling, I climbed the statue and grabed him with my bare hands around the neck. He tried to crush my arm with his python grip, but I squeezed his neck.

"Do it, I dare you." I hissed.

The pressure loosened and I climbed down, a snake wrapped around my waist. I saw Mr. Connor, my boss, coming towards me, looking angry.

"I hired you on one condition, no weirdness. This is the third time that you've wrestled one of our most dangerous snakes and got out, still alive. That qualifies as odd to me." he rampaged.

"Mr. Connor, sir, please understand that these innocent little guys can't do any harm if you just use the right approach." I pet Baballo's head like he was a dog and Mr. Connor sighed.

"Three strikes, Miss Riddle. I'm sorry but you need to turn in your pin." he held his hand out expectantly.

"Yes, sir." I unpinned the shinny badge on my shirt that separated me from the tourist.

"And the snake..." he pointed to the cage.

I smiled a little because this was my favorite part of my job- well my previous job. I grabbed Baballo from around my waist and drug him on the ground back to his cage. After making sure no one was watching, I made the glass disappear and I tossed him in like the rats I used to feed him.

"Bye Baballo." I waved, making the glass reappear.

He used his tail to wipe a tear away and hissed back. "Bye Rosssie, we'll missss you."

I jumped into my crappy car and drove off to my home. 3 Private Drive.