Chapter Thirty-One: Merry Christmas

I lied! I'm updating on Christmas for your Christmas present! <3 I think you'll find this chapter to be heartwarming. So, relax, kick back, and enjoy!

~~~

Lucy's POV:

Now, that it's winter break, I decided to take a break and chill with Levy, Erza, Juvia, Mira, and Cana. We all gathered at Mira's house and we just talked for the whole day.

"So, I decided that we should have a Christmas party," Mira said.

"That sounds great! Who are you going to invite?" Erza asked.

"Obviously, all of you people. I'm also going to invite Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Jellal, and Sting over. You can even invite your parents if you'd like. Oh, I'm going to plan the best Christmas party ever!" Mira exclaimed with glee.

"But, Christmas is tomorrow, Mira. How are you going to plan everything?" Levy asked.

"Simple, I'll text the boys if they want to come and you guys can text your parents to see if they want to come as well. Then, I'm taking all of you guys to go shopping with me. Oh, I'll pay for the whole thing, so you don't have to worry about spending money. I'll even buy presents for everybody!" We agreed to the plan and started to text our families to come over and celebrate Christmas. My dad still hasn't come back from his business trip, so I only texted Virgo.

"I'm done. Oh, you don't have to bring the booze. My dad has a lot, so he'll bring the beverage for the adults," Cana said as she drank her scotch.

"Does Cana-san consider herself as an adult?" Juvia asked. I shrugged my shoulders and placed my phone inside my back pocket.

"Let's get to work, everybody. By the way, does anyone here know how to cook?" Mira asked. Erza and I were the only ones who raised our hands up.

"Does baking count? I'm a pretty good baker if I do say so myself," Erza said.

"Yes, I'll need help making brownies, cookies, and a big cake for the whole party. All of the cooking will be done at my place. What about you, Lucy? What can you do?" Mira asked as she pointed her finger at me.

"I can make any dish you want, but you have to give me the recipe," I said. Mira nodded and faced her attention at Levy, Juvia, and Cana.

"As for the rest of you, Juvia and Levy, you guys are on decorating duty. Cana...just drink your scotch. Come on, everybody. Move it! Move it! Move it!" Mira commanded. As fast as we could, we went to different stores and got all the ingredients, decorations, and presents to make the perfect Christmas party for all of our friends and families to enjoy.

[THE NEXT DAY]

It was five in the morning and Mira called all of us to meet her at seven o'clock. Mira gave Erza and I special instructions and we had to get up an hour earlier than everybody else.

I got ready and walked all the way to Mira's house. Still wishing I had my driver's license, I started running to prevent myself from being late. I made it all the way to the front door and rang the doorbell. Instead of Mira, Erza was the one who opened the door for me.

"Right on time, Lucy. Mira is really enjoying herself when she's cooking. Before, Mira got really pissed at me for being here 10 minutes early and got really stressed out. I told her that we should start baking and she seems to have calmed down. Oh, here's the recipe that Mira wanted to give you. Roast turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, caesar salad, a fruit salad, fettuccine alfredo, stuffed mushrooms, and clam chowder," Erza said as she handed me the recipe.