chapter 8

L pov

So this is why (Y/n) was always tense around Light. She knows that Light isn't the same Light as before.

I leaned closer and hugged her. Which surprised both of us at the same time it felt nice and warm.

"Ryuuzaki that day when I wasn't myself it was because someone asked if I was Light's girlfriend. So that got me so angry that I kinda lost my cool that day." She said as she got closer to me.

"I see so people confusing you guys as a couple. So made you finally snap." She pulled away to see me but there was something in her eyes that there was more I needed to know.

"Ryuuzaki I got a warning from someone. He said Kira has his eyes on me."

"What? Who told you this?"

"My father told me, he works for Kira but I don't know that much about him yet." She said as she moved away from my arms.

Her father told her but how did he manage to get close to her? But Yagami told me that her father was never found anywhere or never seen. But how did he find her?

"He's been giving me updates on how Kira works but lately he's been more careful and has the second Kira working for him now. But he manages to avoid getting caught now even today."

"So he came by today."

"No a letter with a key for me to go to the safe box under my name. He says there are some things he left for me there."

"I see now that we know Kira wants you all we have to do is get him to only focus on you. That way he'll be only focused to get your attention and get you to be his. But the question is how?" If Kira is interested in (Y/n) then we'll have to make sure to keep her in a safe place and if her father can get in contact with her Kira doesn't know that he's been tricked as well.

"I think I have a plan to get Kira to stop killing for a little while." She seemed confused but as I was about to explain a certain noise in my stomach beat me to it.

"I guess your stomach growling is telling me you didn't eat yet." I looked away a bit embarrassed to see her.

"I'll order some pizza what toppings would you like?"

"Whatever you want it's fine with me."

"Then (favorite pizza topping(s)) it is." She said as got her phone out and started ordering the pizza.

For what reason would Kira be interested in her? Yes, she is smart, and beautiful along with an amazing smile that can make anyone happy. Not to mention her eyes that hypnotized anyone to do anything. And her voice is like a sweet melody and her scent is like strawberries.

'Wait am I in love with her? That absurd we've only talked and known each other for a few days. But when she's around I can never stop looking at her.' (Y/n) came back and sat down next to me.

"It will take fifteen minutes for it to get here. So what we're saying before you got distracted." She said as she smiled.

"I think having you in a fake relationship with someone will get Kira to stop killing for a while. If Kira wants you then the best way to make him come out is to make yourself unreachable for him to get." She seemed a bit taken aback by it.

"So you want to tease Kira by having me go out with someone that might die if they know that person's name."

"No not just any person it has to be someone who no one knows anything about them. Unless I get permission to use one of my former acquaintances from Wammy's."

"What about you?" She said as she looked at me.

"What me? Why?"

"Think about it if Light is Kira then he won't be able to bear it, and he'll ask the second Kira to see your real name. Think about it Kira wants to win against L. So putting me with you would make Kira feel like he's losing to L and that will cause him to mess up."

"Hmmm you do have a point there and it might work. If what you said was that Misa Amane was Light's girlfriend then there's no doubt. Tomorrow we'll start this but for now, we stay the way everything is we can't let anyone else know about our plan."

"Understood Ryuuzaki."

Time skip

Light pov

I was looking for (Y/n) and I couldn't find her anywhere. Just as I was about to go check if she was at her house I heard a familiar sound, her laughter. I followed up and I saw something that made my heart break into a million pieces. Ryuuzaki and (Y/n) were cuddling close enough to kiss.

"(Y/n) I finally found you," I said out loud as they looked in my direction.

"Oh hey Light sorry about the other day. I just got pissed off that you guys thought I was dead. We're still family right?" She said with a smile. The one thing I can't do is tell her no to anything.

"Yeah, we're still family. By the way, why are you here with Ryuuzaki? I thought you be going to the store to get things you needed for class?"

"I bought them already when I was gone, and since your here well me and Ryuuzaki well... how do I put it for you not freak out like the older brother you are?" She said as she seemed nervous to tell me.

"Let me tell him after all he'll figure it out eventually. Me and (Y/n) are dating for the past few days. After that day we went to check on her I brought some food for her. Since I know she would have skipped a meal when she is focused on work. We hang out and talk and somehow we ended up kissing," Ryuuzaki said as (Y/n) blushed about how he explained it to me.

"I see so you finally have a boyfriend about time for my little sister to get one," I said with a smile while I just want to punch Ryuuzaki to death.

"Well, I guess I see you later Ryuuzaki I have to go get something. I'll see you at HQ," She said as she kissed him on the lips. That made it worse for me after all my hard work she chose him over me. No this isn't over yet not while I have Misa on my side.