Chapter 3

"A letter, from Hogwarts?" I peeled it open and took out the parchment.

Dear Miss Riddle,

Due to certain circumstances, we ask that you return to Hogwarts school for the year. You will be allowed to return home if wanted and may stay as long as wanted.

Sincerely
Albus Dumbldore

"Well, Gerald, looks like we're going to Hogwarts!" I smiled at my pet ferret and started packing.

______________________________

"Platform 9 and 3/4. Ah, the memories." I sighed as I pushed my cart through the portal.

The Hogwarts Express gleamed and whistled, as if saying hello. I set my baggage in an empty area and got into my seat. Two boys were still wondering the halls and I had a full cabin to myself.

"You two, you can sit in here." I smiled warmly at them as they came and sat down.

"Hey, you're that woman. Rosie Riddle, right? I'm Harry, Harry Potter." the black haired boy nodded and I curled myself away from him.

"Please don't hate me... I tried to stop my brother. I didn't want James and Lily to die..." I looked at him.

"Miss, please. Hagrid told me." Harry smiled.

I nodded in thanks and uncurled from my pathetic state. I heard a scuffling noise and looked at the ginger headed boy.

"It's only Scabbers, my pet rat." the boy pulled a little rat from his pocket and it was missing a toe.

I glared slightly at the rat, but unsure, I decided to keep quiet. "What's your name, boy?"

"Ron, Ron Weasly." he offered his hand, which I shook.

A boy and girl peeked their heads in. "Have you seen Nevile's toad? It's important that he finds it. My name is Hermione. Who are you?" the young girl spoke so quickly that my head spun.

The three children got into speaking into each other, but soon were interupted by a rude little blonde boy.

"Excuse me, Draco. Are you, Lucius's son?" I piped up.

"Yes, of course I am." He proudly puffed out his chest and I smirked.

"Well, I do know your father on a very, very personal level. Mr. Malfoy and my brother used to be in league. Now, do I need to pull out You-Know-Who's dusty old number?" I stood tall, clouding the light in an eerie way and listened to the others try to escape.

"N-No... No ma'am!" the young pest trembled and scurred off like the pest he was.

"S-stay back, I know how to disarm you!" Hermione shouted, pointing her wand at me.

I sighed and sat down. "Your welcome. I had to scare that boy away or else he would pester you the rest of the way."

Hermione put the want away and looked at the two boys that got trapped beside her. "Sorry, for jumping to conclusions."

"Just get ready. We are at Hogwarts."