Chapter 12: A New Start...And Apartment

Vote & Comment ;)

~You're a heartattack in black hair dye!

*******************************************************************************************************

~Nine months later~

Only a few hours in my new apartment, and I’m already frustrated.

“Marcy! Please help me with these boxes!” I yelled at her for the fifth time.

“Hold it! I’m almost done,” she assured, roughly filing her nail.

It turns out senior year for High school is indeed the fastest year. But I’m so glad it’s over. Marcy hadgot accepted into that Community College she was talking about, and I got a full time job as a secretary at a huge corporation. Well, I got an interview at a huge coporation. Plus I got a free apartment!  Wondering how I managed to land something like that in the busy city of Chicago? I’m getting to it, I’m getting to it.

We looked all summer at apartments, and couldn’t find the right one. None of them were within our price range. The first apartment we found was beautiful, but a whopping twenty thousand dollars over our limit. I started to get depressed, because almost every place we looked at was over the limit. We continued looking at houses with our realtor for ages, until I met the owner of one of the best apartment buildings in Chicago, Devin Star. It was awkward at first, because really we got in a huge car crash. But it was completely his fault.

About five weeks ago I had told Marcy I would meet her at the movies. So, I was on my way strolling down the street at my normal: I’m-a-perfectionist-I-must-drive-the-speeding-limit, when a huge red Lamborghini starts speeding down the road behind me and wobbling off the lane. I can tell their foot is literary glued to the accelerator, and those cars can really kill the gas when they want. I of course started to get off the road, because this guy is driving like he’s drunk. 

I pulled over, and I swear to god the guys right nose of the car hits the back of mine, and then his mirror scratches all the way down my car. My car luckily didn’t go flying off the road, but the airbag did slam into my face. Now, I have a pretty crappy car so I of course injured my nose on the airbag.

No really, I’m serious. I had a bruise.

The Lamborghini comes to a halt about twenty feet away, and I leaned my head back on the seat, clutching my bloody nose. A loud tap on my window, made me lift my head up to meet a pair of dark sunglasses. “Are you ok?” he shouted behind the window.

I gave him thumbs up, and motioned for him to step back. Bastard thinks I'm ok? I could of died!

Opening the door, I got out then slammed it shut behind me, and crossed my arms over my chest. The man took off his sunglasses, and put his hands on his hips. “You better have car ensur---“ I looked up to see a sunset lit tanned face. He has blue eyes, and longish blond hair. A nice blue button down shirt and black pants are hugging his body. I instantly recognized him as the famous Devin Star, owner of almost every company in Chicago, and the Boss of Devin & Son. To put his job in summary, he’s known for giving people huge loans for their businesses. Plus it doesn’t help that he’s thirty two, single, and really handsome. “Oh my God you’re--you're Devin Star!” I screamed, and covered my mouth in excitment.

He made a face, and reached into his pocket to take out a black hanky. I stared down at it, and he smiled, “Its clean…you have a nice amount of blood coming out of your nose there,” he commented, and I instantly fell in love with his deep voice.

I read about this man everyday in my magazines, and his son. They are probably the most famous people in Chicago.

“Can you walk? Do you want me to drive you to the hospital?” he slightly slurred.