Chapter 24

A/N: this update is to all the amazing people reading my book- I'm sorry for the cliff hanger really in the last chapter- I hope this chapter can make up for this and no cliff hanger this time so R.I.P :)

I think this is among the worst things that have ever happened to me. It seemed like I did the worst mistake ever in my life and I didn't even know why. Just staring at Blake's thunderous face was making me feel like a child doing something that they shouldn't have been doing. I hated that feeling.

Why did his feelings count so much for me? I shouldn't be giving a care about him after the treatment he gave to Tony and how he could have assumed I had kissed someone in the janitor's closet. I can assure you that it wasn't my cup of tea. How could he think so low of me?

His eyes swept over us and when he finally came to the sight of Leroy and I pressed up tightly together, his face turned scary. My arms went limp and my laughs died down. Leroy's body froze up so fast against mine that I was pretty sure if I pushed him with all my might he would remain stuck in the same position. Blake's eyes burnt into each and every soul before settling on me. 

"What's this?" He boomed before stalking steadily to where Leroy and I were. I wish I hadn't removed my arms from Leroy- at least I would have squeezed the life out of him from the fright I was receiving right now. When Blake was just a step away from us, it seemed like something clicked in our minds and we flew away from each other. I stumbled before regaining my balance and then glanced at Leroy who's legs were quivering.

In one swift moment, Blake had curled his fingers around Leroy's neck and was lifting him up. My eyes widened in horror as he started shaking the life out of him.

"Stop! Stop! Blake!" I shouted, scampering over to him and pulling on Blake's collar, "Stop it!"
He glared down at me hatefully and spat out, "Don't touch me."

I recoiled instantly as a shot of pain went through me, "Let Leroy go! He didn't do anything," I glared back at him with the same amount of hate.

"He didn't do anything? His arms were around you!"

"So what?" I snapped.

"No man except me can touch you!" He growled.

"What's your problem?! You have no right to tell me who can touch me and who can't!" I gasped indignantly. What was wrong with him?!

"You're mine!" He barked. His anger flared up and he let go of Leroy to face me entirely. Leroy crawled away as fast as he could.

"You're such a creep for thinking I'm yours! I don't belong to anyone!"

"You belong to me!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NEVER!" I screamed.

He took two quick steps towards me before bending down. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath fanning my lips slightly. My breath caught itself in my throat and my heart beat skyrocketed.

"You're mine and that's final," he whispered before straightening back up and side-stepping me. My whole body defroze when I realised what he had just said.

"-hey! Wait! Am not done with you!" I shouted and ran after him. He glanced at me sideways before taking longer strides. I ran as fast as I could to stand in front of him.

"Yes?" He asked.

"You- you still have to apologize to Tony and I!"

"Tony and you?"

"Yeah! You left him at school and told him to take a bus-stop! How could you? He's just 11! NOt to mention that you didn't even trust me!"

"I-I-" His eyes went wide and he stuttered.

"Yes?" I glared.

"I'm sorry," he finally said.

"Go tell that to Tony," I gave him another glare before entering the house myself. Mia and Tony were playing pat-a-cake and giggling loudly.

"Hayley! Did my big brother hurt you?" Tony asked- his lips were pulled into a cute frown.

"No, I'm fine, he actually wants to tell you something- he's outside," Tony nodded before closing the front door behind him.

"Mia, I'll prepare a bath for you and then we'll go to a friend of mine," I smiled.

"We're going to a sleepover?" She squealed and I nodded, "Yup and there'll be another girl around your age with whom you can play with!"

Her eyes nearly popped out of its sockets and then she was running upstairs- probably to take her bath now. I rolled my eyes before climbing the stairs lazily- today had been such a hard day and apparently it wasn't going to end anytime soon. I packed in a night's clothes and fresh clothes for the next day. I took my shower after Mia and then we were ready.

We each took our backpacks before heading down the stairs with Mia chattering happily about the sleepover.

"Sleepover?"

I lifted my eyes up to meet Blake's dark blue ones. How is it that he always appears when I'm about to leave? A flashback of the night when I had tried to sneak out for a fight filled my mind and I could clearly remember Blake's lips on mine. My cheeks turned fiery red at the thought and I tried to push it at the back of my head where it belonged.

"Yes!" Mia grinned and I nodded.

"When? How? Where? With whom?" He bombarded us with questions.

"It's for tonight and we're going by bike at Stacy's," I replied just as fast. The quicker I answere his questions the quicker I would disappear.

"Isn't Brownie's sister Stacy?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and frowning.

"His name is Brian- not Brownie and yes it's his sister," I sighed in exasperation. Where was he going with all those questions?

"So Brian will be there?" He glared. I paused. Brian would obviously be there but knowing what Blake's reaction would be to that, I hesitated. Should I lie?

When I didn't reply to his question Blake's face darkened and his eyes turned pitch black. He clenched his fists and spat, "So he'll be there,"

"Yeah so what? There'll be other girls and I won't be hanging out with him," I shrugged and made a move to side-step him but he quickly blocked me.

"You're not going anywhere," he growled.

"I can do what I want!" I snapped. How many times would we argue over Brian?

"No, you're mine so you're not going to move anywhere,"

"You're not my dad so move," I sighed.

"No, you're not approaching that Brownie guy!"

"I won't!" I cried out, my hands flailing in the air in exasperation. He fell silent and gazed at me- his eyes were slowly turning back into a hue of blue.

"You promise?" He finally said and I nodded vigorously.

"Yes! Now can I go?" 

He hesitated before slightly nodding. I instantly barged past him while pulling Mia with me. Finally freedom! 

"Wait!" He shouted but I slammed the door behind me.

"Come on Mia, let's go," I pulled her onto the bike before we rode out to Stacy and Brian's house.