38

Steve

I stumble out of bed and get dressed. Being in the Avengers Tower with the crazy people here is a bit overwhelming. Thankfully, you grow used to their nonsense after a while. So, I won't go completely insane for this hopefully short period of time in here. I leave my floor and go in the elevator. I press the button that goes to the Starks' floor. Once the elevator doors open, I step out and head to Tori's room. I quietly knock on her door.
     "Tori?" I ask. "It's Steve."
     No answer. I knock harder.
     "Tori?"
     Again, no answer. She would have answered by now.
     I drop the gentlemanly gesture and open the door myself. I turn left down the short tiny hallway and step into her room. I see her empty bed, the sheets open, giving me the thought of her just quickly jumping out of bed. I run my fingers across its cold surface. I scan the rest of the room. I see no one. I notice that the window is open and small wet spots dot the floor in front of it.
     "Tori?" I choke out.
     I turn around and peek into her bathroom, becoming worried. The light is off and there isn't a soul in there.
     "Victoria!" I shout.
     I sprint to the window, looking down and then up. Nothing.
"Tori?"
My heart is breaking. Where could she be?
"Steve, what are you doing?" Tony asks, coming up from behind me.
"Tori's gone," I say.
"What?" he questions. "She couldn't have possibly-"
"She is gone, Stark, gone!" I shout. "I've looked everywhere in her room. T-The window was open and the bed is cold."
"J.A.R.V.I.S., show me the cameras." Tony orders the computer.
Tony takes out his mobile phone and opens an "app", showing footage of the bedroom during the night. I see Tori bolt up from her bed multiple times during the beginning of the footage, which makes my heart break even more. Then, I see her tossing and turning and eventually stands. She walks to the window and opens it, looking up and down. Smiling at the snow, she takes a handful of it from the window sill and looks back up. Her face shows pure fear. She grips her wrist with her other hand, examining the water seeping into her skin. She winces and steps back from the window. I take a shaky breath as she falls to the floor, unconscious. H.Y.D.R.A. agents rush into the room through the open window and pick her up, quickly going out the same way they came in.
     "They took her," Tony quakes. "They took Tori."
     "I'm going to find her." I fume, making my way out of the room.
     "No, Steve," Tony says, seizing my wrist. "W-We're not allowed to leave, remember?"
     "And I don't care," I hiss. "They are going to hurt her to get us. I need to stop her suffering before it starts."
     "You're insane!" Tony yells. "You are going to have Fury and Thor after you."
     "I guess that's what you do for love," I thunder.
     I bolt out of the room, to the elevator and to my floor. I quickly snatch up my shield and my black jacket. I go back in the elevator, down to the bottom floor. I step out of the Avengers Tower, ready to begin my search for Victoria.