Chapter 25

I was hoping I hadn't heard him right. So I asked again just to be sure.

"What?"

He sighed stepping closer.

"I said I need to mark you." he repeated looking out the window with no readable expression on his face.
He said it as casually as saying that we were out of milk.

Wait, hold up.

He's messing with me right?

"You, want to mark, me? You're kidding right?" I said letting out a slight humourless laugh, though my laugh died down when I realized he wasn't.

What did he plan on doing? Just walzing in here and sinking his fangs into my neck?

That's not how it works mister.

Well, as far as I'm concerned.

"No, I'm not." he said redirecting his gaze to me.

You have got to be kidding me.

"Look, I don't know what exactly is going on in that head of yours but if you were planning to just come in here and sink your teeth in me, sorry to disappoint but you are not getting anywhere near me." I said moving back.

His blank expression slowly turned into an annoyed one.

"And why the hell do you want to mark me all of a sudden, you do know what marking me means right?"

He remained silent.
Just kept staring at me.

So I continued.

"It technically binds me to you... forever."

Still no reply.

I went on.

"And formally makes me Luna of this pack... you know that right?"

I don't know why, but I was trying to get something out of him.

"Yes! For heavens sake, I know that, are we done now?" He snapped.

Now we're talking.

"Then why on earth do you still want to do it? You've never shown any interest in me! And quite frankly, I don't feel like being locked up for the rest of my life because if you haven't noticed I don't particularly like you." I snapped back.
At that moment I felt I dull ache in the pit of my belly, as though it was grouching at me for what I said. It went as quickly as it came.

"Adriane..." his voice sounded strained, like he was trying to control himself.

"We haven't even talked properly before."

His guts, we have never had a decent conversation and he wants to mark me, out of no where.
At least buy me dinner first.

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"We have never had one decent conversation, ever, and you just want to up and mark me out of nowhere? Like I'm some kind of property?" I said voicing my thoughts.

"You wanna talk? Fine lets talk." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

Oh.

Well, what now?
I didn't think I'd get here.

His face slowly morphed into a scowl and he growled slightly showing me that he was getting impatient.

That's it.

"Why, why are you always so angry all damn time?!" I screamed in his face which seemed to shock him slightly.

I would really like to hear the answer to this one.