♤Chapter 1

Violet changed because everyone was complaining 🙄

cover of this story by @eternallyeden

Author's Note

(From the present 2017) WARNING; I'm the worst proofreader you will probably meet. So, if you can't use context clues to figure out what I meant and if things like incorrect verb ascendent agreement drive you mad I suggest you not read. However, if you are more invested in a good plot give me your hand and I promise to take you on a grand adventure.-Sam

PS. It would be clutch if you loves could make fan art for me to much above each chap! So (; make me some ^___^

And a disclaimer. All negative comments that aren't constructive criticism will get deleted and you will be muted. Wattpad is a place to lift each other up and help each other grow as writers, not tearing each other down. Also please respect each other in the comments. No bullying! I don't tolerate it in the real world and I don't tolerate on here either.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm falling again. Tree branches scratched at my arms, ripped my clothes, and yanked at my hair. The ground rushed at me at an impossible speed. I squeezed my eyes shut and suddenly everything just stopped. I opened them and find I'm floating a couple inches off the ground. In front of me, there was a beautiful purple flower. Its petals are so dark that they're almost black, the same color as my eyes. I reached out to touch it when suddenly a muddy hand exploded from the ground and grabbed my arm.

I sat up in my bed and gasped for breath. My skin was soaked with sweat, and my room was pitch black. "Elum," I gasped and an orb of white light appeared above me.

I reached for a pencil and my dream journal, which are on my nightstand next to my bed. I opened it up to the first blank page and made an entry.

I had that dream again I wrote. It still scares me, but not as badly as it did last time. I closed my dream journal and set it on my lap.

"Elum," I said again, and the room is plunged back into darkness.

That was that last thing I remembered before I woke up. Outside, birds chirp to one another and I heard the whoosh of dragon wings as one flew over my house. I squinted my eyes until they adjusted to the sunlight that was invading my room. I sat up, swung one leg then the other off the bed, until I sat on the edge of my bed. I stood up and stumbled into my bathroom.

I took a quick shower and slipped on my uniform before I ran out the door with a cinnamon bun in one hand and my bag in the other. Outside the sun had just about finished peaking above the horizon. It's weak rays filtered in between the gaps in the leaves of the trees, and created a pattern on the path.

I began to jog when I heard the first gong of the bell, twenty minutes until class started.

I wasn't really worried about being late, I was more worried about Emily leaving without me. I really wanted to talk to her about my dream. I reached the top of a small hill and saw she was waiting for me in our usual meeting place. She had on her green and yellow uniform, the same one I wore, a bright yellow buttoned up shirt paired with a long dark green skirt.

"Emily!" I yelled. She looked up and waved at me, "Sorry I'm late."

"It's okay, just hurry up," she yelled back.

I ran the rest of the way to her, and when I reached her I was breathing hard. We began walking towards Elemental School, which rose like a jagged mountain out of the forest.

"I had that dream again," I said after I had finished catching my breath.

"You mean the one with the flower and the hand?" she asked.