Chapter 12

A/N: sorry if the next chapter or two are boring :) they're just fillers for now so hang in there don't leave me yet I'm trying oK DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME I LOVE YOU SO DONT LEAVE.

------

The next two weeks passed uneventfully as we continued taking our OWLs and the school year came to a close. I'm pretty sure I aced all of my OWLs, except Divination, no doubt. Since tonight was the last night at Hogwarts, all the 5th years, plus Ginny, decided to camp out on the Common Room floor together.

I sat in between Ron and Seamus while all of us talked about our summer plans. I learned that Dean and Seamus were staying together, Harry was stuck at Privet Drive with his aunt, uncle, and cousin, and everyone else was staying at The Burrow.

Eventually, Ron made me move because he wanted to play a game of Wizard's Chess with Seamus.

"I play winner!" I called, knowing Ron would beat Seamus. No offense to Seamus or anything, Ron was just the better player. I moved next to Seamus, ready to take his spot, and studied Ron's face. His eyes narrowed as he tried to figure out his next move.

Suddenly, Ron whipped his head up and said, "Skye, stop staring at me - it's distracting." I blushed a deep shade of red and mumbled a sheepish "sorry" when Seamus laughed and threw his arm around my shoulders. "Hands off, mate" Ron growled, looking back at the chessboard. I winked at Seamus and he stuck his tongue out at me, removing his arm from my shoulders.

To no one's surprise, Ron beat Seamus fairly quickly. "Move over, Finnigan, it's my turn!" I squealed as Seamus grumbled about always losing. As I took Seamus's spot, Ron rolled his eyes. "Oh don't be so cocky, Ronald" I muttered.

------

"Knight to E5" I smirked. "Check mate!" Ron's eyes went wide as he started stuttering.

"Uh-wha-what h-how huh?"

"Sorry!" I said before he stomped away and pouted on the couch about being beaten.

"I can't believe I didn't see that move..." He muttered and I suppressed a giggle.

Soon enough, everyone had fallen asleep except for Harry and me. "Are you alright, Harry?" About two weeks ago, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Luna, and myself, with much protesting from Ron, had gone to the Ministry. Harry's Godfather, Sirius, had been killed and Voldemort was back. I couldn't imagine what Harry was thinking. His last family member was gone and the wizard who kept trying to kill him had returned. Harry looked at me with sad eyes.

"He was all I had left. Now he's gone and Voldemort's back. I just don't know what to do."

I sighed, not knowing what to say.

"I know it doesn't seem like it, but everything will get better, I promise" I said after what seemed like forever. I gave Harry a swift kiss on the cheek and bid him goodnight.

Hermione shook me awake the next morning and I reluctantly went up to my dorm and grabbed my trunk.

We boarded the Hogwarts Express and headed home. I smiled as I sat with my feet in Ron's lap and started drifting off to sleep.

"He's a git, Skylar, a stupid git. He'll regret this"

I jolted awake and stared at Ron. "What the hell?"

"What?" Ron questioned.

"Did you say... Nevermind. Are we there yet?" I asked, really confused.

"We're about ten minutes away from King's Cross" Ron replied, chuckling slightly.

"Good. This Summer is going to be so much fun! I'm so glad mum is letting me stay with you!" I squealed.