Chapter Thirty Four

"Quinn?" Lauren answered. Camila turned around to look at the girl. "What are you doing here?" The older demon questioned, completely puzzled. If Derik was as much of a threat as she made it out to be, Quinn should be in hiding and not out in the open at a place Derik can walk in to at any time.

The waitress smiled weakly and pushed some hair behind her ear. "I need some more cash before I can skip town again. I think I'm safe here. At least for a little while. I sent Derik on a wild goose chase up in Canada and called some family I have there to lead him over to West Virginia if and when he gets to them." She shared.

"Where did you go back when the whole coffee shop quarantine went down?" Camila asked curiously. They weren't in town to see if she's been here the whole time. She assumed she laid low for a while as well.

Quinn shifted her weight to her other hip. "The only thing I could think to do was get Derik out of the area. This used to be my hometown; I shouldn't have to be the one who leaves." The demons nodded at her words. "So after getting Derik out, I came back, kind of took a breather for a day or two and now I'm here." She said. "And by the way, thank you guys for helping me hide. It was probably a huge burden but I really appreciate it."

"Of course, as long as you're safe. We've had some issues with Derik as well so we understand." Lauren shared, reaching across the table to hold her girlfriends' hand.

"What happened with you guys?" Quinn asked, wanting to know if she had someone else to relate to. "If you don't mind me asking, that is." She added. "I know Normani said something about him wanting to date you but I don't really remember what else she said, if anything."

Camila chewed on her lip. "He created this whole scheme to break us up." She said. "Before Lauren and I started dating, Derik asked me out which I declined and then he got mad and called me..." She paused to close her eyes for a moment. "He called me a bitch and then Lauren broke his nose and after that he vowed to break us up, I guess." Quinn nodded sadly. "Normani was helping him for a while but that was resolved and then when Normani was telling him she wasn't going to help him anymore, he said he was going to keep trying anyway. That's where you fall into this."

"Me?" Quinn furrowed her eyebrows.

Lauren continued from where her girlfriend left off. "You came into town right after this whole thing with Derik and Normani went down and since you were his ex, we all kind of thought you might be working together. It was just a huge coincidence. A lot of them, actually." The demon recalled. "The day you came into the coffee shop, the day we hid out, Normani said something about you working together.

"Oh that's what she meant?" The brunette questioned. "There's no way in hell I would ever help Derik." She replied.

"None of us knew about what happened between you two." Camila said before continuing where she had left off. "Normani told us when they were dating she would always get mad at Derik for keeping a picture of you in his wallet."

Quinn shakes her head. "That's so creepy." She lets out. "I don't even know what I'm going to do about him for sure. I kind of want to get out of here but I've really missed my town." She frowns. "I'll probably leave if Derik comes back... I don't know, I'm still deciding." She argued with herself for a moment.

"Well if you need any help again, you can always come to any one of us." Lauren told her honestly. If she were in Quinn's position she would definitely want some help.

"Thank you guys so much." Quinn said, looked between the two. "What would you like to order?" She said finally, a relaxed smile on her face.

After they ordered and got their meals, the demons dug right in. Camila hummed at how good her food was. For some reasons the fries she ordered with her meal were so much better than they usually were. It must have been a new cook or different seasoning or something.