I

I never really understood what sadness had to do with the weather my entire life but with time it all started making sense

The way rain slowly slides down the window panels, drop by drop as if the sky is crying.

The way it gets cloudy before it rains is as if letting the universe knows that the sky is having a bad day.

It took time, but I understood now.

Sometimes when I climb out of bed in the morning, it feels like I'm not going to make it through another day of loneliness and sadness but then, I remember all the hardships I've lived through and for whom I've lived through.

Maybe it's because my heart started crying with the clouds and we found solace together or maybe it's because just like the rainbow makes the sky happy my daughter makes me happy.

Anna, my little angel, means the world to me and in the end, I am the only one who can give my baby a happy mother who loves her life.

In the end, my happiness begins and ends with her. As long as Anna knows she's loved and that I'd bring the world to its knees for her, I've done my job right.

Being a single Mother involves double the work, double the stress, and double the tears, but it also involves double the cuddles, double the love, and double the pride.

He should've been here, by your side.

My subconscious mind screams and as much as I try denying it, it is the truth. Marriage is just a piece of paper and does not guarantee undying love. Making a relationship last requires love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith in your bond.

Maybe we lacked trust or maybe we lacked it all?

Does love even exist without trust?

Suddenly, My phone started ringing stopping my train of thoughts.

6:59

I took a deep breath and switched the alarm clock off.

I took a few minutes to calm myself down and looked at the chain around my neck, holding my engagement ring.

A plain gold band with a small dust size diamond on it with 'Dexton' engraved on the inside. From the very start, I was always so ready for our future, to build it together and live happily I never thought we would drown.

We were strong when we had nothing, absolutely nothing. So why did we become distant when we started filling in the materialistic void?

What went wrong with us?

"Momma, good morning," Anna said as I felt two small arms wrap around my body.

My baby.

My world.