Chapter 6: When realization hits

A/N: Picture of Aiden above lovelies ;P 

   My eyes flew open as a result of yet another bad dream. I realized a few years ago that when you don't have a father to be a protective figure in your life, the world can be a pretty fudged up place. I yawned and reached over for my phone to check the time.

6:45

Dang it's early.

Knowing I wasn't going to get anymore sleep, I rolled out of bed and shivered as my feet planted firmly on the cold floor. It kind of took me a while to find the bathroom since I still didn't get my freaking tour, it doesn't matter anymore though because I gave up on that silly hope. Our dorm is big but it's not that big so i'm positive I can find my way around the place if I tried but for some reason...I wanted Jackson to do it. Whatever, I thought to myself as I stepped in the shower and the water cascade my body and making me relax, forget it.

That's also what I told myself when my dad left.

I was in the shower for what felt like hours just enjoying the water and forgetting about everything, when I heard abrupt knocking on the door. I ignored it. The pounding became louder and I groaned inwardly. Jackson can't give me a freaking break jeez. Quickly I turned off the shower and stepped out, wrapping my body in the white plush towel. I turned to the sink and brushed my teeth before blow drying my hair and opened the door.

"Took you long enough". The person said, but this wasn't jackson. This guy had a tall lean figure and a smirk that made me uncomfortable, especially since i'm just in a towel. His hair was blond and his eyes were green like mine, he had a body that i'm sure made every panty drop in this school. Yeah he was hot...but he wasn't my type.

I screamed.

" No stop i'm here to help". He put his hand over my mouth.

" Who are you?". I said and started throwing bathroom essentials at him.

" I'm Aiden,". He said dodging a tube of toothpaste easily. "Jackson sent me".

"Jackson?,". I paused holding a roll of toilet paper. " He's not here?".

" No...". Aiden said and I could tell he was wondering if he should say something else.

" Just say it". I mumbled, my mind already making up bizarre things. Jackson changed roommates because he hates you, Jack-

" Say what?". He asked, a big grin on his face. it's kind of cute.

" What you're obviously holding back". I shot out, getting irritated.

" Your towel fell". He started laughing and I thought it was a joke until I looked down.

Heat rushed to my cheeks.

I quickly grabbed my towel and ran to my room. Running a hand over my face, I took a deep breath and got dressed in black jeans and a one direction -minus Zayn- T-shirt. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and remembered jackson liked it when it was down. Screw him.

"I'm Ashley by the way". I said to Aiden, who was now on the couch watching two women make out on TV.

I facepalmed myself and headed to the kitchen. Few minutes later I served three plates of scrambled eggs with toast and coffee, putting one plate in the microwave. I grabbed the remaining two and walked into the living room, handing Aiden a plate. He eats like a pig when he's hungry.

He burped and took a gulp of my coffee. " What's the catch?".

" Sure you ask that after you devour the food,". I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my eggs. "It could've been poison you know?".

"Nah,". He shrugged it off. "Jackson's girl would never kill his best friend".

My eyes widened. " His what?".

"Girl,". He said as if talking to a child. "You know as in girlfriend, one girl plus one boy equals-".

"I know what girlfriend is,". I interjected. " And no. Not dating".

He eyed me. " Probably 'cause you're off limits".

There's that stupid word again, off limits. I decided not to ask him what he means because, like Jackson, he probably wouldn't tell me and like Jackson, he has that same tattoo. The loyalty tattoo, a heart that spirals down to a cross and his initials below it A.S.

I'm sure he had a field day with that.

"So,". I began, but never finished because the door swung open and in with his Godly might came Jackson. He was wearing a black T-shirt and his pj bottoms from last night, was he gone all night?, and is that blood on his gloves and his face?

"You look like shit man". Aiden offered. I didn't flinch, he did look like crap.

" Don't...curse...it...upsets...Ashley".He stumbled on his feet and I ran to catch him but Aiden beat me to it concern on his face. He gave me a weird look and shook his head with a smile. I will never hear the end of this.

" What happened Jack?". He gave Jackson a light push so he fell on the couch.

" It was a setup...we had a shoot out by the old building where we always meet for-". He eyed me. "Transactions, Vito's men are dead and ours are injured Brandon and Shawn messed up...big time, Shawn got shot in the chest by the boss, he's dead and Brandon....-". He looked at me again. "He's dead too...he suffered".

Aiden nodded as a small understanding passed between the two men.

"Y-You're in some kind of gang aren't you?". I backed away. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks, They have matching tattoos of loyalty to some leader, they have this strong build to them that you just can't get from a gym and a look that dares you to make a move.

"Ash, It wasn't a choice more like a chance, it's all we know, we were born in it and once you're in it, the only way out is death". Aiden said not meeting my eyes as he helped Jackson up off the couch. We watched as he stumbled his way to the bathroom and I never realized I was holding my breath until the door slammed and I sighed.

" So you want to tell me what the heck is going on?". I asked and his phone rang, he answered and immediately became captured in a heated discussion.

"Sorry Ash,". He mumbled after he hung up. " I have to go so make sure Jackson gets some rest when he gets done in there, he hasn't slept all night...don't worry he'll explain everything, now that you know a little".

"Fine, whatever". It was hard to stay mad at him, especially since he planted a kiss on my forehead. Although the kiss didn't bring chills or even a shiver I smiled because it was still a kiss,

A brotherly kiss.

Aiden and I will get along just fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey beauties!

How'd you enjoy it this time?

What do you think about Aiden?

Don't worry, more on the whole naked fiasco later ;)

As always plz: vote, comment and follow, you guys make my day :)

xoxo,

Brotherly kiss.

Lol.