Homecoming

Bonnie and Caroline walked into Tyler's house. "How did he plan a better party than me so fast?" She asked. "Is that a band outside?!" She exclaimed "who are all these people?" Caroline shook her head "this is weird, where is Tyler?" She walked away leaving Bonnie to look around.

Matt and Valerie and Katherine disguised as Elena walked into Tyler's place.

"So much for Homecoming..." Matt not knowing that it's really Katherine "This is weird! Us being here together..." Katherine spotted Caroline "There's Caroline. She doesn't know anything. Act normal." Caroline sighed "Hey...Klaus is here." Matt looked to her "What?"

Caroline nodded "Yeah! Apparently our sired hybrid-friend Tyler thought it would be okay to let his master throw a party! I expected more surprise!" Katherine sighed "I've learned not to be surprised by anything Klaus does. I'm gonna go find Bonnie."
She leaves, keeping Matt, Valerie and Caroline together.

"What's going on? And what are you two doing here together? Thought you were supposed to be here with Rebekah."
Matt looked around "Plan's changed. I need a drink." He leaves and brings Valerie with him.

Katherine walks down the stairs and sees Klaus and Stefan walking around the party.

Meanwhile, Tyler is talking with Klaus "My mom would seriously freak if she saw all these people here." Klaus shook his head "Your mother won't be a problem: I compelled her to go to church and pray for your friends." Confused Tyler turned to Klaus "What are you talking about?"

"I want you to look around. There is Bonnie, there is Elena and Matt and Caroline and your pretty friend Valerie. Epic dance was wrecked tonight and who came through with the party? You did. What a pal. But who are all these other people here?"
Tyler shrugged "I have no idea. I've never seen half these people in my life."

Klaus spoke again "That's because I've invited a few dozen friends of my own. That's my friend Mindy...picked her up along the way in Kansas. Did you know that there's an entire bloodline of werewolves in the heartland? That's Tony from North Dakota and let's not forget the Seattle contingent." Tyler realised something "Are those people all hybrids?"

Klaus nodded "And they also love a good party. And they're like you were sired by me, they wish to serve their master. So if anyone should so much as make a move against me, they may feel obligated to retaliate. You're free to warn your friends." He then smiled at him.

Klaus spots Valerie and walks over to her "Where's your date?" She looked around and spotted Matt "Getting me a drink." Klaus offers her his drink, but She rejects it. "Well, seems I have you to thank for Mikael's demise." Valerie glared at him "He came at me. I didn't have a choice."

Klaus nodded "Still I'm impressed. It's not easy for a human to dagger an Original."
Valerie shook her head "Well, I'm not any old human now" Klaus nodded "Right. Archer, and fighter. You seem nervous?" He smirked. "I'm not nervous. I just don't like you."

Klaus then smiles "Let's get straight to the point then, shall I, love? People have been after me for 1000 years. And I am always one step ahead. So whatever it is you're thinking of trying, go for it, give it your best shot. You won't succeed." Valerie smiled at him "Lucky we're not planning anything then huh?" She then walked away, with Klaus's eyes following her body.

"Hello, Niklaus." Valerie and the rest of them watched from afar. "Hello, Mikael. Why don't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot you can't." He smirked. "Or you can come outside if you want." Klaus smirked yet again "Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb."

A group of hybrids gather behind Mikael on the lawn. "They can't kill me." Klaus nodded "True. But it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together and they'll pounce." Mikael glared "The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me."

Mindy the hybrids walks up behind Mikael and pushes Katherine to Mikael. "Come out and face me, Niklaus. Or she dies." Klaus doesn't believe him "Go ahead. Kill her." Katherine still pretending to be Elena "No, Klaus. He'll do it." Mikael glares "If she dies, this lot will be last of your abominations."

Klaus smirked "I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you." Mikael sighed "To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever, with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you any more, boy! What do you have other than those whose loyalty you forced? No one. No one."

Klaus's eyes start tearing. "I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her." Mikael shouts out "Come outside and face me, you little coward. And I won't have to." Klaus starts to shake "My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill her. Come on, old man. Kill her. Kill her!!!" Mikael laughs.

"Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great." Mikael stabs Elena/Katherine with a dagger and pulls it out. She falls to the floor.

Mikael laughs as Klaus looks on shocked. Damon rushes up behind Klaus, twists him around and stabs the White Oak Tree dagger into his stomach. Katherine gets up from the floor. "Katherine..." Smiling Katherine reaches for something in her pocket "Kaboom."

Katherine has two wolfsbane grenades in her hands and throws them at the hybrids. Meanwhile, Damon is about to stake Klaus, when Stefan knocks him off of Klaus and holds him down. The stake is on the floor.
"What are you doing?!" Damon exclaimed.
Klaus takes the stake jumps at Mikael and drives it through Mikael's heart; he bursts into flames and dies.

"What the hell did you do?" Damon exclaimed "He's earned his freedom." Stefan stops clutching Damon, gets up and faces Klaus. "Thank you my friend. You no longer have to do as I say. You're free." Klaus un-compels Stefan, Stefan looks where Damon was, but he has vanished.

Valerie was sat in the room next to them as she was too tired to get up. She figured Tyler would just wake her up in the morning. Klaus walked into the room and noticed her half asleep with her eyes shut. He walked up to her and made a deliberate cough noise. Valerie jumped opening her eyes in surprise. She saw Klaus and sighed. "Klaus, you're alive, yay" she spoke with fake enthusiasm.

He chuckled. "Well, I'm not thankful for you helping on the plan to kill me." Valerie looked up at him "Well, that's a shame" she walked away leaving Klaus speechless yet again.