"You're one to talk."

I couldn't breath.

The water pressure was too heavy on my lungs. I was running out of air. I'd have to come up sooner or later.

Ironically, I didn't want to.

I feel a quite whisper of a beep before a voice full of panic became louder and louder.

"Get out!"

I stayed inside the body of water.

Water was surrounding me, and I was sinking deeper and deeper in. Closer and closer to a blissful end.

Another muffled shout of dismay sounded again.

"You're going to get yourself killed!"

It's ok. All things must come to an end one day. It's funny how easy it was to end everything right here right now. Life is way too fragile.

Today just wasn't that day for me.

It's funny how close I get to death with the shit I usually end up pulling myself into when I have no intention of having my life end at all.

While my lungs screamed at me; Begging me to relieve them of their agony, I felt at peace. Like while I was deep under the water, nothing could touch me. I was safe. Well somewhat safe, since there is always the possibility of me getting chewed to pieces by a shark in the ocean.

I indulged in the last few seconds of peace before coming up for air.

Just as I resurfaced, I saw a well built figure of a man. Hands on his knees, bent down to help him get a closer look into the water.

"3 minutes 48 seconds. You push yourself too hard." Evan panted out, wiping the sweat off his forehead, straightening up as he looked like he was about to pass out from worry.

"I don't think you're supposed to be saying that as my trainer." I said through gasps. My body desperate for air. If it wasn't for my lungs fighting for oxygen, I would be holding a proud smirk on my dripping face.

He shook his head in disbelief as he handed me a towel.

"You don't even give me a chance to train you. You're doing everything yourself. I'm more like your breathing stopwatch than your trainer." He shook his head in disbelief as he zipped up his gym bag before glancing at his watch. "Keep at it woman. Go clean yourself up. I'll see you next week?"

"You know it." I pulled myself out of the water.

With a wave he walked out of the pool door with that familiar charmed glint in his eyes.

Evan had been training me for almost a year now. He was hired by my dad to train me when I moved out of my parent's house. He had a bunch of degrees in self defense, boot camp training and things of that sort. Simply the best of the best.

Initially I started training so I could move out. My dad was willing to let me go if and only if I knew how to defend myself. And a year later here I was. Hooked on the adrenaline rush that came with training.

Evan constantly told me that with my motivation and willpower to learn, I could get to his level in no time. I think it was more false hope than anything, but I was glad he thought so.

After a shower I headed back to my apartment complex.

The usually empty lobby was filled with balloons and a man holding a huge package.

"I'm sorry can you repeat that sir?" I dismissed my lobby man's voice filling the room.

"Mrs. Gordon. Unit 4114. Would you mind not letting her know I'm coming up. I want it to be a surprise..." I heard as man's voice say somewhere in the background. Surprise party for somebody. Great. Not that I even knew anyone else who lived in my building.