Chapter 2

I walked out to the car, my suitcase trailing behind me. It bumped along the sidewalk as it was pulled.

"This is it," I thought to myself, "I've been waiting my whole life to do this, I can't back down."

Everything that I could ever think about raced through my head. What if I don't make it? Will Austin be okay? What if they don't like me? Will Austin be okay? What if I tripped and fell on stage? But mostly; will Austin be okay?

I opened the car door, and looked back at my house. My family was there, and all my friends. They all cheered me on to get into the car and win. They all looked happy, though on the inside I secretly hoped they were as broken apart as I was. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go anymore.

"You can do it, honey! We will be down there for you soon!" my mom called to me. I smiled, it was heartwarming to know she would be there for me. I could try to find her in the audience and just sing to her the whole time, but I can't do that forever.

I got into the car, waving, and it began to be pulling away from the house. I couldn't keep my eyes off the house and my family until we turned the corner. Nervousness took over then, and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

We got to the airport about 10 minutes later, and I got to the area where I was about to board the plane. The loudspeakers came on and told everyone in the section I was in that the plane would be an hour late. I sat down to wait, and got on my phone.

"Excuse me?" a woman's voice asked me, "Are you okay? You look a little upset."  The woman looked in her early 30's, with dark brown hair to her shoulders and light brown eyes.

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm just a little bit nervous." I answered. I didn't really want to have this conversation. Thinking about where I was going was almost too much for me to handle.

"Why are you nervous, dear?" she asked me kindly, almost as though she was there for me. She had no idea what I was going through though,

"I'm on my way to The Voice set, I'm going to be in the blind auditions." I shyly answered. Those words coming out of my mouth seemed almost unreal, like I was playing pretend in a fairy tale world.

"You can't expect to do well if you're doubting your ability. Keep your head up and stay confident, you'll get much farther that way. If it's your dream, don't let it be just a dream. Let it become your reality." she replied.

I thought about that for a minute, and it really touched me that the woman cared so much.

"Now, what's your name?" she asked as our plane was called. We both stood up, grabbing our luggage to board the plane.

Gathering my belongings, I looked over and answered, "Sophia, why do you ask?"

"I want to know who I'll be cheering for in the grand finale." she smiled, and I instantly smiled back. It meant the world to me knowing I already had support from someone I didn't even know.