Our Town

Valerie awoke from the hospital bed, having to stay over night after they bandaged her arm. She sat up from the bed, she then saw Someone at the door. She squinted her eyes. Her vision still a little blurry from tiredness.
"Hello, love" confused to why he is here Valerie asks, "uh hello? Why are you here?" Klaus sighed, "just wanted to see if you are okay" Valerie glared at him. "Well you're here, I'm okay, now you can go" he chuckled, then moved and sat down in a seat.

"Why are you really here?" He sighed, "I want your forgiveness" Valerie furrowed her eyebrows "for what?, nearly killing me, nearly killing Elena, nearly killing Jeremy or actually killing Jenna?" He looked at Valerie apologetically. "Well, I know you'd never forgive me for all of them, so I'll stick to the only one that matters to me, nearly killing you."

Valerie smirked, thinking of a way to get out of this hell. "I'll make a deal, my forgiveness, for you to compel me out of here." He smirked at her. "Of course."

---

Elena is decorating Caroline's locker for her birthday. Bonnie walked up to her "Hey, sorry I'm late, I...I got held up." Elena nodded "It's okay. I just got here too. Can you pass me the balloons? Thanks. What got you running late?" Bonnie lied "I was...working on some new spells. You?" Elena answered "Working out with Alaric. So, I have something I need to tell you, and you're not gonna like it."

Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows "What happened?" Elena sighed "Jeremy is gonna be leaving town for a while. He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver, until this whole Klaus thing blows over."

Bonnie furrowed her brows "Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own." Elena confessed "I know...I asked Damon to compel him." Bonnie's eyes widened "You what?"

Elena sighed "I know, Bonnie. But it's not safe for him here anymore. Leaving will give him a better life. The only reason I'm telling you is because I know that you two haven't really worked out your stuff. And I thought that maybe you'd wanna say goodbye."

Bonnie looks at Jeremy who is in the background, and makes a disapproving face. Valerie then runs over, "Hey guys, what's with the face, bon?" Elena glares at her "uh- um nothing."

Caroline walks into her house and puts her stuff down. All of a sudden Elena, Matt, Valerie and Bonnie jump out with balloons, party hats, and a sign. They yell "surprise."

"Happy birthday!" Matt called out. Caroline smiled "What are you guys doing here?"
Elena grinned "Well you blew off school and missed our work of birthday art, so..." Elena takes off the crown she's wearing and put it on Caroline's head.

"Change into warmer clothes, we are going to the Falls. S'mores, camp fire.." Elena exclaimed "Cake! Like when we were little.
Matt: Except for the tequila!" Caroline sighed, smiling awkwardly "Thanks, guys. Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year." Confused, Bonnie exclaimed "I'm sorry, what? You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year."

"Yeah, and now, it's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like 17. And the only point to being 17 is to get to 18. It's a filler year; I'm stuck in a filler year." Valerie looked at her sadly "You're not stuck, Caroline." Caroline sighed "Yeah I am, but it's okay. You know, it's all good, I'll be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it."

"Okay, well I think I have another idea." Elena exclaimed.

Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, Valerie and Matt enter the crypt. "There it is!" Bonnie spoke weirded out "This is creepy, even for us."
Elena shook her head "No, Caroline was right...technically, she's dead. Sorry. But you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral. You need to say goodbye to your old life, so that you can move on with your new one."