2

C H A P T E R 2

"One more push Lily, c'mon hon', you're almost there!" James cried out next to his wife trying to calm her and hopefully taking away as much pain as he could for her, knowing it probably wasn't much.

Lily cried out in pain as the sound of a baby's cry could be heard from the healer's arms.

"And we have our baby boy," Healer Mary said happily as she took the baby to the crib and set him down checking to see if there were any problems.

James kissed Lily's head and walked over to Mary ready to tell her their new baby boy's name.

"His name is Harry. Harry James Potter," James said to another healer standing close by who nodded and wrote it on the birth certificate.

"Go get Samantha, Sirius, and Remus, James," Lily said as she sat back and rested her head on the pillow exhausted from another tiring but well worth it birth.

James nodded and swiftly walked out of the room and down the hall to the waiting area.

He saw Samantha sitting on Sirius' lap sleeping against his chest and Remus reading a book. His parents were currently on Order business that, sadly had to wait until it was finished, and Lily's parents were with Petunia helping out her and her newborn baby, Dudley.

"Who wants to meet the new Marauder?" James announced to them with a cheeky smile.

Sirius immediately looked over to James and nodded excitedly. "Yes, my Godson!" he exclaimed throwing his arm into the air, and obviously not caring that he woke up Samantha who had just turned two last October.

Remus looked up from his book and nodded as well just as excited though he didn't show it in any dramatic ways.

Samantha stirred awake as Sirius set her down and started to wake her up.

"Where we going Siri?" she asked as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"To meet your new baby brother," Sirius said taking her small hand and walking with her over to James.

"Ok!" she said excitedly and clung James' leg.

"Let's go princess," James said as Samantha sat down on his foot and held on to his leg.

He began to walk as Sirius and Remus laughed behind him loving their father daughter bond.

"Here he is," James announced as they walked into the room.

Samantha let go of James' leg and scurried over to Lily who was holding Harry in her arms.

"Hi mama!" she said happily and stood at the edge of her bed.

"Hi sweetie, meet baby Harry," Lily said and moved so she could see Harry. He looked just like James though with Lily's bright green eyes hidden underneath a tuft of jet black hair that stood up in every which way.

They spent the next few hours talking and spending time with each other. Samantha enjoyed watching James and Sirius play Exploding Snap and even played a round though being closely watched by her mother. Harry was a quieter baby and wasn't woken as easily as Samantha was. He yawned every now and then and didn't seem to have the exuberance that Samantha had.