All My Children

Valerie awoke to birds chirping outside. She got up and stretched feeling worn out from yesterday evening. Next to her on the desk, she saw a small velvet rectangular box. She picked it up and opened it to reveal a scroll. She unfolded it to see a beautiful drawing of her next to a horse. Underneath the drawing it had a small note 'thanks for the lovely evening, Klaus.'

---

Bonnie is sitting on Elena's bed with her grimoire and a tray before her containing three lit candles and a bowl in which she is burning sage, while Elena talks to her.

"He was gloating. Like actual gloat. Like he was proud of himself for sleeping with her. Is it working?" Caroline and Valerie enter the room. "It's not working. I can hear every word you're saying about Damon, the vampire gigolo." Bonnie shrugged "I don't know, it's a tricky spell."

Elena sighed "When Esther did it, she kept the sage burning. There was a lot more smoke." Bonnie retrys "Alright. I'll try it again." Caroline scoffs and leaves the room again with Valerie.

"Speaking of Esther, you should know that she came to see me and Abby this morning."
Elena sighed "And all this time you let me vent about Damon?" Bonnie exclaimed "I don't want you to worry. Elena nodded "Okay, well, what did she want?"

"She wanted to introduce herself. Abby and I helped bring her back. She's channeling our entire ancestral bloodline for power. I think she thought she was being polite." Elena furrows her eyebrows "Okay, well, is there a way to stop her from channeling you?"

Bonnie shrugged "Even if there was, why would I want that?" Elena groaned "I just keep thinking....Before the sun and the moon ritual, Elijah found a way to keep me alive. And now I'm in exactly the same position and I'm just gonna let him die? It just doesn't feel right."

"Ugh, I'm leaving, tell them I'm going to the Salvatores." Valerie leaves heading towards the house.

She knocked on the house and the door sang open, "perfect timing, archer, we need to to do something." She smiled. "Nice to see you too, Damon. I'm good, thanks, sure I'll help in your plans, thanks for asking." He smirked and told her the plan.

Valerie walked into the Grill. She spotted Klaus over at the bar sitting next to his brother, Kol. She smirked over at Alaric. She walks past them, "Valerie!" She turns to them, "hey, Klaus, Kol." Kol nods his head in return. "Join us for a drink?" She shook her head. "I'd rather not."

He followed her body as she began to leave the Grill again. "Isn't she stunning?" He spoke to Kol. "She sertainly looks good walking away from you." He teased. "I'll take that as a challenge." He then followed her out of the Grill.

"Valerie!" He called as he crossed the road and cars beeped at him. She laughed under her breath. She turned around "Klaus." He smiled at her. "So, why the cold shoulder?" She scoffed "we had one nice evening together and you think all the bad you've done has been erased from my memory?" He frowned "how can I redeem myself?" She turned to him.

"You can take all your expensive gifts and drawings away, I don't care about any of them. Spending money on me doesn't get my attention, I'm more of a girl who likes to have no money spent on her, I like to just spend time with people."

He nodded, then sat down on a bench next to them, "let me get to know you then." She looked to him in confusion. "Come on love, sit down." Valerie looked at the bench, she decided to sit down. They shared a small moment of silence "so what do you want to talk about?" He smiled "I want to talk about you."

Valerie smiled as he continued "your hopes, your dreams, everything you want in life." She smiled "just to be clear, I'm too smart to be seduced by you." He nodded and chuckled a little, "that's why I like you." She giggled. "Well, my dream is-" she was cut off by Klaus standing up and groaning in pain. "Are you okay?" He turned to her. "What did you do?" She furrowed her eyebrows "what are you on about?" He whispered "Kol" and ran off.

Abby is lying on top of the bed. Bonnie is sitting on the bed, holding her hand and crying, whilst Valerie is sitting next to her after just hearing about everything that happened after Klaus left. Caroline is at the front door, talking to Elena.

"She doesn't want to see you." Elena begged "Please, just let me talk to her." Caroline sighed "Abby's in transition. It's going to be really hard over the next few days and if Bonnie needs some time to deal then I think you should give it to her." Elena enthasised what she said "She's always been there for me, Caroline. Please. Let me just be there for her too."

Caroline shook her head "I'm sorry, Elena. I know that you want to help, but put yourself in her shoes. Everything that happened tonight was to save you and that's okay because she loves you. So much. But somehow she's always the one who gets hurt." Elena nods understandingly. Tears are in her eyes.

"You know, you're right. I just...just tell her that I love her, okay?" Caroline nodded "Of course I will." Elena walks away. Bonnie is standing in the hallway, crying.