Chapter Thirty-three: The Beauty Behind the Madness (EDITED)

"M-Moon Goddess?" I said, shocked and she smiled.

"Yes, but you may call me Ella if you wish. It sounds less....formal." She said.

"I don't believe you." Shane said as he narrowed his eyes. "Prove it."

"Okay," she drawled out. "Your name is Shane Ansel Chase, you were born November 12, 1994. You're parents are to themselves and rarely communicate with you or your brothers, Gregory and Zachary.

"You met Ariel Ann Carter a little over a year and a half ago, you recently got her back from former Alpha Morgan and took his pack in with your own and now Ariel is pregnant. Does that seem about right?" She asked innocently as if she hadn't just laid our lives down perfectly.

Shane fell silent and just looked at her. "So you really are the Moon Goddess?" He asked shock swimming in his voice.

"The one and only." She chuckled. "But I'm here to tell you some important information."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I have put you through a series of Tests, the first one being the whole 'Shane slapping you' thing to see if you could handle hardships, the second being Greg's attitude so I could see how you could handle being a motherly figure even to someone who didn't respect you, Zac's sickness to see how you could handle the feeling of possibly losing a loved one, and you just finish the most recent and final Test, escaping Morgan, and you survived-"

"Wait," I interrupted her, anger quickly building up in my chest. "You're saying that all that time I spent in misery was just for your tests?"

"You made me hurt my mate for your stupid tests?!" Shane growled, his wolf quickly surfacing and I could tell that all he wanted to do that moment was kill her.

"Yes," she said unaffected by my or Shane's outburst. "That's exactly what I'm saying."

Shane growled again as his eyes turned black, his wolf pushing the boundary. I placed a hand on his shoulder while I glared at Ella.

"Why?" I growled.

"Because I needed to make sure that you were strong enough."

"For what?" I snapped.

"To take my position as Moon Goddess and the first ever Moon God."

"What?" I shrieked as panic numbed my senses.

"Yes," she calmly said. "I tried looking for other mate-less wolves, but they weren't strong enough."

I shook my head. "No, we're not going to do it. Like you said, I have a child, possibly children to raise and I want for them to have a normal childhood, not running around with the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus!"

"Yeah," Shane chimed in. "You're going to have to find yourself another She-Wolf because this one is taken." He said as an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me into him, causing Ella to smile.

"I knew I did a good job with you two." She said as if she didn't say what she just did. "But unfortunately, I can't find another She-Wolf. By the time I do, I'll be dead."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well," she said as she sat on the edge of Shane and I's bed, "I have become extremely weak and I've been unable to do my job properly. There have been far more rejections between mates than there should be along with other werewolf problems throughout our kind and I can't really do that much about it because I'm dying.

"And if I die while I'm still Moon Goddess, so will every werewolf in the world."

My heart stopped and her words hung heavy in the air. If I didn't take this position, then all of my kind would die. Well, no pressure there.

"A-Are you s-sure there's no one else?" I asked, my heartbeat picking up. "I mean, there are millions of us in the world-"

"Trust me, I've looked high and low, there's no one that can take my place besides you two."

I placed a hand on my stomach. "What about my child?" I asked in a soft voice, causing her to bite her lip and look away.

"That's the problem," she said. "That's why all of the Moon Goddesses have been mate-less...."

"What are you talking about?" I asked as my head became fogged with worry.

"If you become Moon Goddess, time will have no meaning to you meaning that you'll never really grow old, never really get tired-"

"Get to the point," Shane growled.

"Since I'm in other.....'time zone'," she said putting air quotes around time zone. "You're child and/or children won't be able to grow inside you. They won't die, but they won't live either."

I froze. My child can't grow and enter this world. They'll never grow up or find their mates....

I shook my head. "Can't you wait until I give birth to them?" I asked and she sadly shook her head.

"I'm too weak to wait that long."

I angrily shook my head. "I'm sorry, but I'm not leaving my child. My pack."

"YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!" She snapped, suddenly angry. "Don't you see that?" She whispered as she looked at her trembling hands. "If you don't take this then everyone, including you and Shane will perish."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "I'd rather perish." I coldly said.

She sighed. "You have three months before I die," she said. "I don't want to do this, but after that, my job will be forced on to you"

"W-What?" I screeched, but she had already disappeared. Tears rushed to my eyes as Shane embraced me. "Oh my God," I whispered. "I-I c-can't-"

"Shhh," Shane comforted. "We'll figure this out."

A million thoughts rushed through my head, but only one stood out: It was either everyone I loved, or my child.

****

Hey guys, sorry for the short update and sorry if it was all over the place. I don't know how I feel about Ella/ the Moon Goddess. On one side, she's a jerk, but on the other hand, she's dying so......

Tell me what you think about her and let me know if there are somethings that were unclear and stuff....

Love y'all-Jordan
P.S sorry if I changed his middle name, I forgot it....again. 😅

EDITED JULY 20, 2016