19

I was forced to cross back to the preternatural realm to live out my servitude to the King of Vampires, Christof something-or-other. I didn't care to know his last name or anything else about him. I knew what I was bought for and I simply didn't care anymore. If I was going to be used for sex, fine. Michael wouldn't believe me even if I told him the truth. He made that much clear. I couldn't go to him with this issue because of the binding but it wouldn't matter. He wouldn't believe me anyway. If he did believe me, he wouldn't act until it was too late.

I was led into the castle and was left in a room fit for a king. Christof came in shortly after in all his regal glory. He was handsome, of course, but it was a fairy tale kind of handsome. In a way, he reminded me of Michael a bit. His hair was about the same length and color and his muscular build was similar to Michael's. Even though he reminded me of Michael, he still paled in comparison.

"Katrina," he greeted stiffly.

I didn't respond. What was the point? I had nothing to say to him.

"I'm not sure what you did to piss off your future queen, but whatever it may be will not be tolerated here. You will be respectful and obedient."

I stood my ground and said nothing. I didn't willingly enter this agreement therefor I would not follow his stupid rules.

"You're not off to a very good start," he commented, clearly irritated.

He might as well talk to the wall. I wasn't planning on speaking to anyone here any time soon.

"Do you know what you are here for?"

I studied the room around him; a dark hardwood covered the floors, the walls a deep burgundy, and the ceilings looked rather intricate and high. It was nice, I guess. The bed was huge in a rather unnecessary way. He wasn't married so why would he need a bed this large?

"You are here to personally serve me. Whatever I ask of you will be done. I was warned you have quite the temper but we won't have an issue, will we?"

I discreetly rolled my eyes. He was in for a massive headache if he thought I was going to blindly go along with everything.

"You will not roll your eyes again. Come here," he demanded.

I crossed my arms and stayed exactly where I was. I was the head deal maker of the Underworld and I was being reduced to a common whore. I did not have to be happy about this sudden transition.

He flashed in front of me and gripped my chin to the point that it actually hurt. I hadn't been physically hurt in a century! I gasped in pain as I tried to pry his hand off to no avail. I couldn't believe how strong he was! Was I just incredibly weak?

"What did I say about obedience?" He asked evenly.

"Let go," I demanded.

"You do not make demands around here. You do as you're told. Is that understood?"

"Fuck off."

Before I knew what was happening, the back of his hand rushed across my cheek with a crisp slap. I was shocked at how painful it was. What shocked me more was how much it reminded me of being human. I would react the same way I did to Ivan; staying quiet usually seemed to calm his temper if even a tiny bit. Then again, what could Christof possibly do that hasn't already been done? I was fucking dead. How much worse could it get?

"I do not approve of that language."

"What are you going to do about it," I taunted with a smirk, "Can't threaten my life."

"There are things far worse than death and I suggest you keep your pretty little mouth shut unless you intend to find out exactly what I will do should you use that language again."

"Do your fucking worst," I said low and even, daring him to try me.

I never would have acted like this with Ivan but I was so sick of being the victim. It was time I stopped whining about things and stop caring what would happen to me. What the hell did I care if he raped me?

"Go ahead, Master," I demanded in the most condescending tone possible, "Beat me, torture me, rape me, it really doesn't matter."

"Well, if it really doesn't matter to you then the situation has shifted."

What? Now I was slightly confused. He pulled me against his solid body roughly.

"It's no longer rape if you're willing," he said softly into my ear.

Ugh! No. I absolutely did not want to have sex with this man but what the hell was I going to do about it? If I went quietly maybe he wouldn't be too rough on me. I sure as hell wasn't going to participate but I wasn't going to try stopping it either. Who knew how long I would be here? I could be stuck here forever so I might as well become accustomed to him.

He unbuttoned the front of my dress slowly and pushed it to the floor. I couldn't help but cringe at the thought of being with someone other than Michael. I could feel his eyes on my bare skin, taking in the sight of my perfected body. His soft fingers traced over my hips, trailed to the small of my back and pulled me flush against him. I felt so wrong, damn near sick when he touched me so sensually. I wanted this to be over quickly but he wanted to take his time, to really enjoy me.

"I'm told you have a mate," he said quietly.

I bit my tongue to keep from lashing out at the mention of Michael.

"Answer me or I'll take things further," he commanded. One hand trailed to my hip bone again and started to move slightly lower as if making his point.

"Yes," I ground out.

"Who is it?"

"He is no one," I answered coldly.

"Such hostility for one's mate is never a good thing."

"He's the reason I'm here."

That stopped him for a moment. He held me back a few inches to study my face. Hopefully it didn't give way to how hurt I was by Michael.

"Explain," he prompted curiously.

"That bitch that sold me is his fellow angel. He wouldn't believe me so before I could convince him, she sent me here."

"Why?"

"I had a relationship with her husband."

He thought for a moment, "What is your mate's name?"

"Michael."

Realization seemed to hit him as he took a step back from me. He quickly picked up my dress and threw it at me before looking very concentrated.

"Why didn't you say something," he demanded angrily.

"Say what? How was I suppose to know you would flip out if he was my mate?"

"He is an archangel! I would have respected that!"

I shrugged, "He wants nothing to do with me so it doesn't really matter."

"Nothing to do with you," he said cynically, "Clearly, you do not understand what a soul mate is. He would go to the end of time and beyond just to find you."

I stayed quiet because it wasn't true. Michael would never do that for me. He would never come looking for me.

"Go. You tell him nothing happened here."

"Wh-"

"Go! You will go to Heaven now!"

God dammit.