The Murder Of One

Caroline and Elena are walking through the woods. "Alaric Saltzman killed my father?"
Elena nodded "I can't expect you to be okay with this. But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried."

Caroline scoffed "Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything okay?" Elena grabs Caroline's arm and Caroline faces her with tears in her eyes.

"No, Caroline, it's not okay. It's horrible and I feel horrible about it, but he's a victim of something supernatural, he didn't ask for this, it just happened to him. Just like Bonnie's mom, I mean, she didn't ask to become a vampire. And neither did Stefan or Tyler." Caroline nodded "Or me." Elena nodded back "Or you. None of you asked for this, but who would I be if I just turned my back on any of you?" Caroline moves to Elena's side and wraps her arm around her shoulders. They start to walk off.

"Oh, Elena Gilbert, savior of the cursed and the damned." Matt appears. "Hey. What's with the cryptic secret meeting text?"
Elena shrugged "I don't know. Stefan just said to meet here." Stefan and Damon show up. "Where's Valerie?" Caroline and Elena turn around. "I texted her too." Footsteps were heard as Valerie ran through he woods. "sorry I'm late"

Matt asked "What are we doing here?" Damon started to explain "We found some more white oak. Long story, wait for the movie." Valerie paused "Hang on. White oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?" Stefan shook his head "Nope. We all have a weapon." Stefan throws down a duffel bag with white oak stakes in it. "Awesome." Valerie picked one up and put it under her jacket.

"Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed and they are all linked, meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity." Stefan said. "Scenario number one." Damon grabs Elena and moves her over.

"You get to play Klaus." Elena nods "Okay."
Stefan explaisns the scenario "Rebekah is our target so we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied." Stefan looks at Valerie "Valerie." Valerie whined "Why do I always have to be Klaus bait?" Damon shrugged "Because he's obsessed with you."

Damon walks over to Caroline. "we need you to play Rebekah. We use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking." Matt questioned "How?" Damon answered "Act interested. She's lonely, desperate." Caroline scoffed "Clearly. She slept with you." Elena suppresses a grin as Valerie laughs "Burn!"

"Hm. Beefcake holds bombshell. I come up from behind her." Damon gets behind Caroline, grabs her arms, and put them behind her back. "Grab her arms like this."
Caroline groaned "Ow!" Stefan comes up with the stake in his hand, imitating stabbing Caroline.

"Gives me time for one shot." Damon lets go of Caroline. "Got it? Good. So we all have one stake, we keep it hidden and we look out for any opportunity we have."

"No last minute attacks of pity for any of them." Damon looks at Elena. "Don't worry about me. Not after what happened to Bonnie's mom." Damon turned to Caroline "Barbie?" Caroline nodded "Oh, I'm ready. Anything that will free Tyler from his sire bond to Klaus." Damon went around the group "Busboy?" Matt sighed "Do I have a choice?"

Damon shook his head "Good point." He then turned to Valerie "Archer?" She nodded "I'm going to use some of the wood from the stake to make arrow points for my crossbow, this way it will hold them down if I'm by myself." He nodded impressed.

"We have 12 stakes, 12 shots at killing one Original. We can do this. Alright, let's try another scenario. Elena grab a crossbow." Stefan hands Elena the crossbow. "Matt, you play Klaus." Elena aims the crossbow. They go through some more scenarios.