Chapter 4

Kaoru pov age 7

I walked through the restaurant doors and looked around for Kakashi. I sighed when I realised he wasn't here, I walked over to an empty booth and started looking through the menu.

Might as well order now, who knows how long he's gonna take to get here. When the waitress came I gave her my order, as soon as she left I saw the spikey gray hair of my father making his way toward me. But there was a woman walking by his side holding his hand. I tilted my head confused, Are they...together? Kakashi waved his hand and gave me a closed eye smile,"Yo, sorry I'm late. I saw a black cat and had to go the other way."

I sweatdropped at his lame excuse. "No, its fine. I actually just got here ten minutes ago." I said as they both sat across from me, I looked at the women and analyzed her features. She had long raven hair that reached mid-back, her eyes where also a pretty maroon red color.

She was wearing a light blue hoody and from what I saw she was wearing black shorts that stopped right above her knees. From the size of her chackra I could tell she wasn't a shinobi. "So, what did you need to tell me?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. He clears his throat slightly before answering.

"Well, this is Maka. And, well, since we've been together for some time, I thought it was time to for her to meet my only student." She gave me a warm smile when I looked at her, I gave her a closed eyed smile. She looked surprised for a moment but the look was replaced with a slight confused face. I held my right hand out to her over the table and introduced myself. "Hello! My name is Kaoru Senri." She shook my hand and spoke up.

"Hello, its nice to finally meet you. I've heard quite a bit about you from Kashi-chan." When she said the nickname she gave him he had a small blush across his cheeks. I have him a shit eating grin, I was so gonna tease him later. He glared playfully at me knowing what my grin meant. "I hope it was good things. By the way I kinda already ordered some food."

She waved her hand dismissively and said it was fine. I was about to open my mouth when the waitress came to the table and set down my food. I picked up my chopsticks and picked up a piece of meat and ate it.

"So, what do you do for a living? I can tell you're not a shinobi."

"Ah, I work the hospital as a nurse. That's kinda how I met Kashi-chan."

"I'm not really surprised you met him like that. He goes to the hospital after almost every mission."

We continued to talk back and forth, Kakashi would sometimes join in on the conversation but for most of the time he stayed quiet and watched us talk with a smile on his face. After awhile we said our goodbyes to each other and left the restaurant. I walked for ten minutes before arriving at my destination. I sat down on the ground infront of my mothers grave and gave it a sad smile.

'Hi mama. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to visit you all that much lately, I've been kinda busy with missions. Anyway, I've been good, nothing has really happened. Well actually, dad introduced me to his girlfriend today. Her name is Maka, she works at the hospital as a nurse. She's really nice and fun to talk to.'

'I can tell that dad really likes her and I hope they stay together. But to tell you the truth, it kinda makes me sad when I see them holding hands and being all lovey dovey. It just feels like it should've been you and not her. But I guess any kid would think that when they saw their dad doing that stuff with a women who wasn't their mother. I want dad to be happy though so I wont say anything, plus I know that Maka will treat him good.'

'Anyway, I'm trying to perfect a jutsu that I've created. When I told dad about what I was doing he seemed shocked, but he was also proud. I could see it in his eye and the way he smiled at me. But its gonna take me a while to actually complete the jutsu though. Well, that's all I have to say for now, I'll see you next time and I promise to bring you your favorite flowers. Ja ne.'

I started walking to the training grounds to work on my new jutsu, having nothing else to do. Hinata, Sasuke, and Naruto where at the academy at the moment and Itachi was out on a mission and wouldn't be back for a couple more days. Aunt Mikoto and Aunt Kushina were spending some time together.

Maka's pov

I held hands with Kakashi as we headed back to the apartment that we shared. I thought back to Kaoru and couldn't but think he looked a lot like Kakashi. I'm sure that Kakashi would have told me that he had kids, not that I would have a problem with that! Shaking my head I looked up at Kakashi and asked,"Ne, Kakashi? Are you related to Kaoru? You guys kinda look alike." He looked at with a raised eyebrow.

"No, we're not related." I nod my head, and asked him another question.

"Have you met his parents yet?"

"Ah, no. His mother died before I even met him. And as for his father he never talks about him, but I'm pretty sure he's alive though."

My eyes slightly widened before my gaze turned sad, the child was all alone. I could understand it somewhat since I lost my parents when I was young to, but I still had my aunt to take care of me. I felt Kakashi squeeze my hand and i turned my head to look at him. "Don't worry, he has his friends and me." I nodded my head as we continued to walk back to the apartment in silence.

Kaoru pov

I panted and sat down onto the ground, tired. I had been at the training grounds for a while now, trying to perfect my new jutsu but my speed wasn't fast enough. Every time I tried it I always ended up knocking myself against a tree or I'm too slow. Since I was pretty low on chackra I decided to head home, plus it was getting pretty late. I walked out of the training grounds and started to walk home, but when I passed the gates of the village I could see a team of ANBUS coming in. Two of them left while the other two walked my way. I recognized the weasel mask to be Itachi, but the other one I didn't know. I waved to Itachi as I walked up to them.

"Oi, Itachi!" He turned his head away from the other boy and looked at me, he gave me a small smile as a greeting.

"Hello Kaoru."

"What are you doing here so early? I thought you weren't coming back until a couple more days."

"Well, me and Shisui finished early."

I tilted my head and he seemed to notice my confusion, he pointed to the boy next to him. "This is Shisui Uchiha, my cousin. Shisui this is Kaoru Senri." Shisui took off his mask to reveal him having a big grin on his face, rather odd for an Uchiha.

"Sup! So how long have you known Tachi-chan?"

"Pfft! Tachi-chan?" Itachi glared at his cousin with a barely noticeable blush on his cheeks, Shisui just brushed off the glare. "Ha-ha...anyway I've known him for a couple years now."

"Eh, really? Anyway, what were you doing before this, you look like shit."He bluntly said, a deadpanned along with Itachi. Wow I know I look ruff, but i don't look that bad. "Gee thanks. And to answer your question I was trying to perfect a new jutsu."

"Hows that workin' out for ya?"

"I'm having trouble with my speed, so I was thinking of asking Gai to train me." Shisui gave me a look filled with pity as he put his hands on my shoulders, he had to bend down a bit due to the height difference.

"You poor, brave soul. Don't worry I'll visit you while you're in the hospital."

Itachi and I sweatdropped at the older Uchiha. "Uh...thanks, I guess." I said, Itachi sighed and pulled the boy off me. Seeing it was getting dark I decided to head on home."Well, I'ma go home now. Tell Aunty and Sasuke that I said hi. Bye!" Itachi nodded his head, while Shisui gave me a grin and waved his hand enthusiastically.

Third pov

"Ne, Itachi? Is Kaoru a girl or a boy?" The Uchiha heir gave his cousin a mild strange look before replying.

"Kaoru is a boy. Why?"

"Well, he looks like a boy but he has this feminine air around."

Itachi shook his head but silently agreed with him. There were times he would think that Kaoru was a girl for a moment but then remember he was a boy.

Sorry if the chapter was sucky, it was kinda rushed.