Did I Step On Your Moment? (Lang/Stark x reader)

"Hey dad, throw me your phone."

Tony obliged without a question, tossing it to you easily from across the kitchen and into your waiting hand without so much as a look in your direction. "You know, I've heard that if you plug your phone in once in a while, it magically fills with power."

"Well I've heard that if your dad is Tony Stark, he could modify it so that you never have to charge it again. Something like...a tiny arc reactor?" You laughed at the look of shock on his face, actually unable to come up with a fast enough comeback before you began your call to your boyfriend. Scott was going to join with the team tomorrow for a quick mission and you offered to pick him up so you could get some rare time together.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm leaving in a few minutes. Are you gonna be ready?"

There was a pause from the other end of the line, so silent that you thought maybe you had been disconnected. "Babe, you scared me. I thought you were Tony."

"My phone died, sorry."

"You know, if you plug it in-"

"Yes, I know," you groaned, rubbing your eyes in frustration. You lowered your voice to a near-whisper to keep your dad from hearing, since you had yet to tell him you were dating Ant-Man. "You sound more and more like my dad every time we talk. Stop it."

"Please don't ever say that again," Scott laughed, "but anyway, yes, I'm ready. Come and get me, sweetheart."

~~~

When you knocked on Scott's front door, you heard a squeal and fast footsteps running towards you. The door swung open urgently and seconds later you had Cassie in your arms as you spun her around, both of you laughing and getting a little dizzy.

"(Y/N)! Are you guys gonna save the world again?"

"Just a small little corner of it, yeah, peanut. I'm only going to take your daddy for a couple of days this time, is that okay?"

"If you bring something back for me!"

"We always do, baby," Scott replied, pulling her from your arms for a goodbye kiss. "I'll see you soon, go on in and help your mom get ready to leave."

"Bye, (Y/N), bye, daddy! Go kick butt!"

Scott threw his bag over his shoulder and grabbed your hand, taking you away quickly and back towards the jet. "Hurry, if her mother heard that, I'm done for." Once safely inside the jet he threw his pack down and brought you in for a kiss, holding you against him like he was afraid to let go, having not seen you for nearly a month since the last mission. He pulled back and rested his forehead against yours, closing his eyes as if when he opened them the moment would be lost.

"So who's on the team tomorrow?" he breathed heavily.

"You, me, and Steve."

"And when do we leave?"

"Not until noon, why?"

He began to kiss you again, his hands now roaming with one in your hair and the other sliding down your back, his body pushing yours against the jet wall. "I have a few things in mind," he murmured against your lips, "you just get us home and I'll take care of the rest." Suddenly he stopped and pushed back, looking at you a bit apprehensively, "wait, is your dad going to be home?"

"Scott," you sighed, "we aren't teenagers. We can tell him."

"It's too soon, you know that. I haven't proven myself to him yet."

You pushed his hands away with a huff and took your spot in the pilot's chair, readying the jet to take off. He took the co-pilot seat and strapped in, watching you in awe as you handled the controls with ease. "Honey, you will never prove yourself to him. You could save the world single-handedly and it wouldn't be enough. You picked the wrong girl if you wanted this to be simple."