29. Getting Answers

Hey! I'm back! ^-^

Dedicated to chauhan_mansi for your ever present enthusiasm and excitement for this story, it really motivates me to write! Thanks hun!

A huge shoutout to Ruqaiahk because your reading list name just made my day, you're awesome! Thank you for the support sweetheart!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

__

Suzzanah's POV

For a minute, it was so quiet, that one would wonder if they had even heard me, if they were even here. But I knew they had heard every word, I knew he had heard.

I continued to gaze at Zuerien's wolf who had gone so still that if I didn't know better I would think that he was a statue. His eyes were wide and glassy, not giving anything away. But I knew, I knew he was shocked beyond belief. How did I know?

I can feel him...

I could feel them all, but for some reason, his feelings dominated those of the others. Wave after wave of shock and disbelief washed over me and I wondered just for a short second, if he was going to be okay, when all of a sudden the sky lit up in a humongous explosion.

A huge ball of sizzling fire exploded in the dark sky, lighting it up like a blood red sunset followed by a series of alarmed gasps that came from Master Cole, Mr. Talon and Mr. Penson who were staring at the Alpha with wide alarmed eyes. The explosion was so bright that it could have passed for the sun, had it not been for its fleeting nature.

But the minute the orange glow started to disappear, the sky lit up yet again as another ball of molten fire painted itself across the darkening horizon. Then another, then another. Explosion after explosion turned the sky into a red-orange canvas, reflecting the chaotic feelings that were washing over me.

His feelings

My eyes widened at the sight of the sky on fire. I had never seen a night sky so bright that it overshadowed the moon. And somehow I knew it was his doing.

"Alpha!"

I tore my gaze away from the fiery sky just in time to catch the sizzling of the moist air around us before it turned to vapor, flooding the clearing in a cloud of thick mist. The steam surrounded me, obscuring my view of the ones standing before me. But I could still see the glow under Steroid's paws. A glow just as fiery as the night sky.

"Alpha calm down!" Mr. Penson called out to him and I could hear the thin stream of tension flowing through his otherwise calm tone.

Master Cole rushed towards Zuerien's wolf but the minute he reached about two feet away from him he was thrown backwards as though pushed by some unfathomable force and I watched with wide eyes as he crashed violently into the the tree behind him.

Yet another explosion lit up the sky and I found myself struggling to keep my gaze centered at one thing.

"Suzzanah!"

My head turned yet again to find Mr. Talon's panicked gaze directed towards me. It was like he wanted to run to me but didn't, no couldn't. There was fear in his eyes, not fear of me, but for me.

He is afraid for me...

My gaze went to Master Cole who had picked himself off the ground and was also watching me with wide panicked eyes that occasionally flitted towards the wolf. Mr. Penson was still calling to him, but the large wolf's undivided attention was still directed towards me.