4 | Padawan Learner

Anakin walked towards Kendra as the ship began to land. "Are you afraid?" He asked.

She nodded. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't."
He smiled faintly. "Don't be. You're completely free from Watto, and you're going to become a Padawan Learner, like me."
She smiled. "At least I have a friend."

He rubbed her shoulder before standing up again. A droid walked onto the ship, and faced Anakin.

"Oh Heavens, Master Anakin! How lovely to see you!"
"You too, 3PO. I have a favor to ask." Anakin told the droid. "Please escort Kendra to her new apartment."
"Of course, Sir. We'll be on our way."

Anakin smiled at her as Kendra followed the droid. She walked along side of him, and he hummed.
"It's certainly wonderful to meet you, Kendra, I am C-3PO, and I am here for any assistance."

She smiled. "Thank you, C-3PO."

-

Obi-Wan and Anakin walked to the Council Chamber, and seen the Jedi seated. He looked over to see a familiar female.

The brown eyes of the woman met his, only to widen. "Ani?"
Anakin looked at her longer before huffing slightly. "Padmé?"

"My goodness, you've grown!" She told him.
"I'm not a kid anymore, Senator." He reminded her. She smiled before lifting his hand and squeezing it.
"Of course you aren't, forgive me."

Anakin shook his head. "No no, forgive me Senator, I apologize for my comment."

They took a seat as Master Windu spoke to Padmé. He sat down next to Obi-Wan, who smiled at the Senator.

"I'm aware that the threats on your life have increased, Milady." Obi-Wan spoke.
Padmé nodded. "Master Kenobi, I think this whole stand of protection is unnecessary."

"Do you realize that someone is trying to assassinate you?" Anakin asked, jumping in. Obi-Wan was taken by surprise at Anakin's words.
"But-"
"There is no buts, Milady. We will protect you until we find out who is doing this."

Obi-Wan glared at him. "We will do no such thing to find who is doing this, but to only protect her, my Padawan." He said in a strict tone. Anakin looked down at the marble table in front of them as Padmé inhaled.

"Yes, Master." He muttered softly. He sent him and the Senator a smile.

"You will also need time to train your new Padawan, Obi-Wan." Master Windu said.
"I have everything under control, Master." Obi-Wan promised him. "Anakin here can help for the time being, also."

"I agree." Master Windu said with a slight nod. "You're dismissed."

-

Anakin stayed silent as the two walked down the corridor, knowing he would soon lash out.
"What were you thinking, Anakin?" Obi-Wan asked, grumbling.

He sighed. "Master, I was just trying to make her feel safe."
"She knows she is safe here. What you did was out of line."
He clenched his jaw. "Sorry, Master."
He rubbed his temples. "Head off for now. We'll get to work tomorrow."
He nodded. "Goodnight, Master."

-

Anakin walked down towards Kendra's apartment to hear absolute silence. He closed his eyes, inhaling quietly as he felt her breathing inside of me; the soft muffles causing him to skip a heart beat.

Attachment and love is forbidden, Anakin. You will be expelled from The Jedi Order.
A large part of me felt that it was wrong, but a part of me felt that it was right. What do I do? The more I'm around her, the more it's harder to breathe and concentrate, he thought.

Obi-Wan would not be happy with Anakin if he disappointed him again.