11: Schizophee

Chapter 11: Schizophee

First of all thanks to LOVEYJHD for the cover! Its Amazeballs! :)

..........................

"Uh Aud how many people are here?" I asked her tentatively. Casper and I were frozen at our spot gaping at Aud, our eyes followed her actions like hypnotist's pendulum. He had his arms crossed over his chest with a somber expression on his face.

"Three" she continued. "One" she said pointed her index finger to her chest. "Two" pointing her index finger at me. "And three" she said pointing her finger at Casper.

Both of us stared at her like she had just transformed into a dragon, with a look of utter amazement, not that this situation was any different.

"Are you sure she isn't Schizophrenic?" he mumbled at me scratching his five o clock shadow with his fingers. "Or just cuckoo? You know she's your sister after all"

I found that really offensive but I was too stupefied to even protest. Aud can see Ghost boy?!

"Hey I heard that. I am not Schizophee" she yelled sounding offended and crossing her arms over her chest clearly clarifying that she was in fact addressing ghost boy. My eyes turned the size of saucers and I was pretty sure my eye muscles had enough of strain for one day; I was opening and closing my mouth like a goldfish.

How can we suddenly see the dead? Or just ghost boy was a special case?

"How can you guys see me?" Casper stuttered voicing my thoughts.

It was now Aud's turn to be confused.

"I can see everyone dummy! But you are transparent like my mom. It means you are came to visit us from heaven. And I won't make you my friend because you called me a Schizophee". With that she skipped to her room.

I widened my eyes even more in total astonishment. My sister can see the dead and my mom. That thought astounded me and frightened me at the same time. I turned my head robotically to see Casper in deep thoughts. He had his eyebrows scrunched up and he was messaging his forehead with his fingers. Suddenly I saw his face brighten up as if remembering something.

"Your sister is a medium", he cried out banging his fist on his open palms

If I wasn't too busy digesting the fact that my sister was a loony like me I would have questioned what that is but I gaped at him as if he just said that Aliens had taken his balls away for conducting experiments on it.

"Huh?" I finally spoke up.

"That's the only explanation. Your sister is a medium. She can communicate with the dead not only that some of them even possess powers to bring them back"

"Huh?" That seems to be the only phase to leave my mouth for the time being.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Your sister can communicate with the dead", he said slowly.

"I got that but what about me? I can see you too. Unfortunately". I just couldn't help but add the last part.

"Because you are her sister. You guys have shared the same womb so some of the powers has been transferred to you".

"But why just you? As far as I remember you are the only ghost I can see"

"Because I come from a medium family too"

"Huh?"

"Sit down". He instructed seeing me all lost and bewildered and so I complied.

"Every special family has a child blessed with powers to see the dead is born in every medium family. Mediums are supernatural beings. They possess the power of seeing the dead and other supernatural powers too. Most importantly your sister isn't an ordinary girl. She has been blessed with that power. As for you, you have just been blessed with some of her powers as mediums live a precarious life. They have to go through many dangers to not just protect themselves but their families from evil entities. So the power blessed to you is just for protection"

"So you are a medium too?"

"No but my little brother was"

"What happened to your brother?"

"He.. He died in the fire".

"Oh". Shit I shouldn't have asked that. Suddenly he looked a little exposed from his usual demeanor. His face lines portrayed that he was despondent but soon he quickly recovered. I know it won't be a great time to prod him about the sensitive matter but I had other questions too.

How did the house catch fire?

People say it's an accident but then why is he still lurking here?

Usually spirits haunt humans when they have unfinished business left on earth.

Was he really killed by the fire?

"So anyways as our siblings are mediums we have been blessed with the powers to see the dead and yeah communicate with them" he clarified interrupting my thoughts.

This explains everything. Those imaginary friends of Audrey's and randomly talking to the thin air.

The fact the I can see a delinquent ghost and no other ghost ever.

My life just couldn't get anymore weirder.

.............................

Hi guys! Finally an update. I know its late but Merry Christmas!! Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Some of you guys guessed it right! Audrey is a medium. Let me know your thoughts! 

Vote. Comment.