Chapter Nineteen: Princess of China [EDITED]

“This is fucking stupid,” I know I’m pouting and right now I don’t even care. I was allowed to pout and Niall wouldn’t say a thing because he was putty in my hands.

I just want out of the whole situation, Niall, this dinner and everything that was happening. If God existed he was cruel, that's all I could think about as we drove through the market place. When he had suggest I try on I thought he was kidding but now I know he wasn't. The last thing I was going to do was dress myself up and look stupid just to make him happy.

His mother was kind beyond imaginable when I woke that morning, she took me in to the garden and the fresh air helped. I am feeling the difference, being stuck in the hospital made you feel sick. Being here, with people who genuinely care about you was what makes me feel better.

Despite not wanting to get close to Niall again it wasn’t working. He was pushing back harder than I was pushing and it only makes him come back twice as forceful and protective.

“I’m taking you shopping and you have the attitude of a five year old.” He says turning into the parking spots. It reminds me of being home, the small streets and quiet buildings. I miss Jean and Brad, he had cut me off from himself and Jean because he thought it was better for her.

I spat at the idea, broke my phone on the wall when the argument didn’t turn in my favor but it didn’t matter. Maybe he was right, maybe separating myself now would help her move on.I didn’t care if she hated me like I hated dad, the hate was always better than crying.

“Come on then,” He says opening my car door. He snaps me back into the mind set of ruining the dress appointment at all costs.

“So you want me to make a fool of myself is that it?”

I ask him as he guides me along the sidewalk and into the small shop. His arm is tucked alongside me, resting on my lower back as we walk.  I feel safe but that just makes me frustrated so I push him off as we enter and walk on my own. I stand alone staring at the empty dress shop, everything lined in racks. The fabrics all different and beautiful, short and long, fluffy and slim I can only imagine the prices of these beautiful pieces.

“Not a chance in hell Niall,” I say, I go to spin on my heel but lose my balance and almost fall.

“Try some on grouch,” Niall smirks at me, which was something I hadn’t seen for a while. I couldn’t say no to it, so I sigh and start digging through racks of fabric. Each one is a different soft feel or a bright color that I would never wear. Even healthy.

I pick out a few pieces against my will and go behind the heavy black curtain. Hidden from the world I take the time to study myself in the mirror. My hair is pulled back into a ponytail as always, the bruise on my jawline are turning green finally. The ones on my arm are dark and show through my thin sweater that I had decided to wear that morning.

I pull on the first of the few I had chosen and look at myself in the dark purple color, it only made me look more pale than usual. Niall stands outside the curtain, he plays on his phone until I step out into the light.

A smile creeps across his face and he laughs under his breath, “Are you going for morbid?”

I turn and let him zip up the back closing me into the dress tightly, it hangs around my hips loosely and it barely fits at all. But it’s on and it’s ugly, I shake my head at my appearance almost laughing at myself.

I needed a pound of makeup and a hair brush, “Can we stop now?”

“Stop? We’ve barely just started!”