34 // Florida

After the most tiring week of finals, a horrible plane ride to Florida which also included not being able to talk to Damon at all for the entire ride, and a bus ride that honestly seemed as if it took longer to get from the airport to the hotel itself - we were finally here.

At a hotel which name I didn't even remember, but at least, we were in Florida safe and sound so nothing else mattered to me other than this trip.

With luggage on both hands behind us, Kandy and I walk inside of the entrance hotel lobby along with the rest of our whiny grade. It was the kind of hotel lobby that would make anyone ask, 'Really? This is a hotel? I thought this was an Opera theater entrance' because it was that beautiful.

"Wow", I sigh, impressed, and place my bag to a stop with Kandy beside who was also mesmerized into looking all over the high ceilings to the never-ending corridors, "After paying for possibly the most expensive senior trip any public school could...

"Wow", I sigh, impressed, and place my bag to a stop with Kandy beside who was also mesmerized into looking all over the high ceilings to the never-ending corridors, "After paying for possibly the most expensive senior trip any public school could ever offer in all of America, this is pretty damn good for a Florida hotel."

"True", she nods, "But oh, oh, they even have those naked baby Angels on the ceilings!", she points at the drawings for me to see and we laugh at how well drawn every detail was painted.

Right as we tried to sneak away to see more of the place, one of the trip teachers spoke up to get the attention of all bored-to-death students in the front of the crowd.

I didn't pay attention to what he was going on about. Looking around through the many people, I couldn't find Damon either.

Oh well.

The teacher went on in a stern voice, "... I'm sure you have all already been told before that the person you chose to be your roommate for your room is the only roommate you will have for this trip. No sleepovers. Nobody else", he strictly pointed to all of us, "Don't think you can play the 'swapping over' game or trying to have sneak out for one night. That won't work."

The class snickered and whispers came along like a thunder. Obviously, they were going to do exactly what they weren't supposed to do on this trip. Drink, party, 'sleepover' - the list goes on. Why else were they so excited to be in the center of Florida and in a hotel that was right across the street from a club already?

I feel a nudge of Kandy's elbow beside me.

"Don't worry, Hun. You can freely bring anyone else to spend the night in our room since I'll be out and about for most of the days here", she lowly tells me with a smirk and cheeky wink at the end.

"What do you mean?", I say absently, seeing everybody else separate to finding their room numbers in these corridors. 

"Oh, you know what I mean", she rolls her eyes, "You're not that innocent. You know it. But I do need to get me some of those free snacks on the buffet section over there."