Chapter 25

"Just do it!" I half scream half whisper at Jack.

"Do it! Make your dreams come true!" He rolls his eyes at me.

Ashley finished what I was going to say quickly. "Yesterday you said today!"

I laugh my ass off. Legit I'm rolling on the grass. Jack just stares at us like we've gone mad.

We have.

Who cares.

Jack looks up at the fence one more time. We've already explained the rules and everything. Now he just needs to women up and jump the fence.

The house we picked was a quite lovely house. I think an old couple lives here. Idk but I'm sure this is a good start. I shove Jack a little.

He sighs then grips the fence with his hands. Thanks to his athletic ability he hops on the fence with ease. He smiles "that wasn't so bad-"

He disappears and I gasp.

Ashley and I run up to the fence to see him groaning on the floor in pain.

Hey that was me a couple weeks ago. I laugh. What a coincidence.

He dusts himself off and quickly stands up. He looks to be ok. No damage done. I mean perhaps his ego is a little smaller but who cares right?

He sighs. What's with all the sighing?

Then he pulls out the flashlight I smile. This is gonna be great. He walks further into their yard, Ashley and I run to the driveway to wait for his return.

It's quite for a while and I question if his ok. Maybe he's just picky about his object..

"Hey! What are you doing in my yard!"

Uh oh.

Jack jumps over the fence and screams at us to run. Ok this is all very familiar!

I get up just in time to see an old man with a shot gun open his door and step out. Looking quite angry if you ask me.

Oh boy.

I look below him to see a

What is that...

Is that a

"HE HAS A FUCKING PIT BULL DOG RUN!" Jack screams.

I run as fast as I can Ashley not to far behind me. I can hear the barks and growls of the dog and I fear for my life.

Maybe he's a good puppy..

Oh snap out of it brain!

I run as fast as my legs can take me. My breathing coming out in pants. I can't take this anymore. I should really lay off the damn gummy bears.

I stop for a second to catch my breath. But soon regret it as I see Ashley coming fast.

"Elizabeth KEEP RUNNING!"