Chapter 30: The Final Chapter

--> picture above. Credit to @krutij. Thank you so much!!

Warning: Mature scenes for mature readers only ... Please be warned!

"The secret of happiness is love and secret of love is nonjudgmental care."

― Debasish Mridha

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...................................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

The Jury foreperson stood before us and started reading the verdict. JJ was then ushered to the front seat beside his lawyer by two officers.

The jury deliberated for more than five hours over a day before delivering its verdict.

Teisha's phone was found in his drawers and all his messages he sent to Elle's number were still there. The reason why we can't trace who was the stalker, because he was using Teisha's old number. With that, the evidence became stronger.

Jude Baumgartner then testified for the murdering of Teisha. I don't know what motivated him after covering his son killing his adopted daughter for almost four years, telling the world that his adopted daughter had cancer and paid the doctors to shut their mouth.

The family of Teisha was there, too, looking all relieved as they listen to the jury verdict. JJ stared straight ahead and did not have any visible reaction as the verdicts were read.

He was found then guilty of rape and first-degree murder, with the first-degree murder conviction carries a penalty of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

Jude Baumgartner was crying silently in his seat while the officers took JJ away from the room.

"Let's go, sweet pea." I quickly led her outside. She still looks stunned and quiet. I don't want her there, but she insisted. And now, I could feel my eyelids slowly dropping. I haven't had any good sleep since we got back from the hospital.

She has the strangest craving I've ever heard and it tortures me every night. Who craves in the middle of the night? Where every store were already closed.

Almost a week now, and I'm so dead tired.

I need my bed now.

"Do you want anything, sweet pea? Like craving anything, now? Maybe I could go find it now before every store closes." I desperately ask her. That night when she asks me to find salsa without tomatoes in it, I thought I would go crazy.

I had to call dad and mom to help me where to find that or is there any alternative?

After a couple hours looking for any stores that were open, I decided to go home and thought of pleading her to wait until all the stores are open. I was relieved when I found her soundly sleeping in our bed. I decided to sleep on the couch not wanting to wake her up.

The morning came, she didn't ask for it. I was glad, but, I still went to search for it or any alternative for it, just to make sure that night, she will ask for it, I have it ready. I had to pay someone to make it, without tomatoes. I don't know if she'll like it, but just in case. But, to my dismay, the following night, she asks for pink olives.

Yes, pink olives. I don't even know that there's a pink olive.

It was twelve midnight. I called the owner of the superstore not far from our building in the middle of the night. I already told him about it, and he was eager to help. I don't know what urges him to help me, but I'm glad he did.