Fire

Warning: Implied Rape 

::

"Extra training?"

"Yes, has Sakura-chan been doing anything too advanced for her? Maybe additional jutsu exercises, or... or working when she should be resting?" Mebuki questioned. Ibiki couldn't remember a time where Sakura had been doing something she couldn't handle. Lately, she's mostly been practicing her seals and working on higher level problem solving. Genma's been rather lazy as well, teaching chakra control and better utilization of her wrist blades.

"She hasn't," he replied. "Why?"

"I don't think she's been sleeping enough. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and see her light beneath her door. I'm not quite sure how long it's been going on or how she's able to look completely fine every morning... I'm just so worried about her, Morino-san. And I know she won't confide in me for any of it."

Ibiki thought it over for a few moments. "Does she drink anything caffeinated?"

"Not really. She prefers juice drinks."

"What about medications?"

"Nothing but regular vitamins."

"Her sleeping conditions?"

"We normally keep the temperature at around 23°C (74°F)..." she answered. He considered her words and made sure to keep them stored safely in his memory. The first thing that came to his mind would have been that Sakura was under copious amounts of stress, but there wasn't anything that came to mind that would make a six year old suffer from it.

Stress in kids was completely normal as far as he knew. It happened when kids had a schedule that was too packed. Ibiki immediately ruled that cause out. Sakura was far more intelligent than her classmates, excelled in every single subject, and had no issue with anything he and Genma taught her.

He glanced around the kitchen. Her parents seemed like normal, middle-class civilians that probably had no monetary problems and were able to provide a safe, loving environment for her.

"Both parents live in this house, correct?" he asked. Mebuki nodded.

"My husband and I work on the weekdays and get home by six. Sometimes my husband works on Saturday, but most of the time, we're off on the weekends and spend more time with her then," she said. All this information was getting Ibiki more and more confused.

"Family problems?"

"None that I can think of. Morino-san, all these questions you're asking..."

"I'm sorry if they were intrusive, but it's better to get answers out of you than Sakura."

Mebuki saddened. "I understand."

::

Dressed in his ANBU gear and porcelain mask nowhere in sight, Kakashi walked down the street with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He slid through the crowds like a foreboding shadow that no one dared to bother. He looked like the world was heavy on his shoulders, but was too stubborn to do anything about it and carried on the weight like it didn't matter.

His eyes were pools of thunderstorms, always troubled and never close to a resolution. Years it probably brewed, but not a single thing was capable of returning them to the calm sunny day they used to be.

"OOOiiiiii! Kakaaaassshhhiiiii!"

A silent sigh slipped through his face mask as a cheerful Obito popped at his side and fell into step beside him.

"I haven't seen you in forever! Did you go on a mission or something?" he asked. Kakashi cast him a short stare before giving a quiet grunt of assent. Obito flexed his fingers and made his grin wider.