Chapter 1

It was a Wednesday afternoon. Republic City High was busy as always. The halls were filled with students.

Some were getting their books from their lockers before hurrying off to get to their next class early. Some were chatting with friends by their lockers. Some couple were making out. Some cheerleaders were fangirling over the jocks of the school.
As for three friends, they were going to eat.

Bolin smiled, a skip in his step.

"I'm so happy it's lunch time", he said in relief. "Back in math, my stomach started to sound like Chewbacca from Star Wars".

Asami smiled at the green eyed guy. She laughed.

"It totally did", she said, grinning. "I'm surprised noone else heard but us".

Mako smirked at the two.

"Maybe it's only heard because we're beat friends and it's best friend bond thing".

The three laughed at the idea.

They were heading to the cafeteria for lunch at the moment. Bolin would starve to death if he didn't eat soon. Said so himself.

The trio walked down the noisy hallway. They passed by a few jocks and cheerleaders.

"Hey", one of the football players called, getting their attention.

They stopped and looked at him. He smirked, looking at Asami.

"You uh, wanna hang out sometime??. I've got a house all to myself for a few days-".

"No", Asami said. "I'll pass".

Asami grabbed Mako and Bolin's hands and dragged them away. The boys looked at eachother. Guys had always done this before. You see, they were kinda the most popular kids in school. Highest in the social pyramid. That kinda thing. So, they got people's attention. Asami got attention from guys. Alot.

But she wasn't a slut like most girls in the school. She had self respect and gently turned them all down.

Asami felt like she could breath once they got to cafeteria. She stopped walking. Taking a deep breath, she let it out.

"I hate that so much", she said, closing her eyes.

"Don't worry", Mako said.

Asami looked at the taller teen.

"We've got chur back", he swore.

Bolin smiled. "Yeah. We won't guys talk to you like that. If anyone bothers you, you come find us or beat them up yourself".

Bolin held up his fists in a stance.

"I know you've got those Sato moves. Quick as a cheeteh, strong as a bear, and deadly as a shark".

Asami smiled. A laugh escaped her mouth.

"Thanks. I needed a good laugh", she said.

The guys smiled. Asami motioned for them to follow. They went over to the lunch line. It was 7th period lunch so there was alot of people. Getting in line, they chatted while a walking.

"So", Asami said. "Anything new with you guys??".

"Nope", Mako said.

Bolin shrugged. "Uhhh....".

He folded his arms, thinking. Asami placed a hand on her hip. She and Mako looked at eachother. They could only guess what would come out of Bolin's mouth this time. Bolin was the jokester in their triad after all. They each had roles in their group. Bolin was the prankster and jokester. Mako was the jock and super smart one. And Asami was the leader and the one that makes sure the guys stayed away from the dark side.