19

"Is it really, I mean, I haven't seen you in years." Eric stumbled upon his words which I had never seen before since I arrived at Dauntless.

"7 to be precise!" Connor chirped and both of the two cheered. What happened seven years ago? I can't even remember my brother then...Why? Lots of questions were fumbling through my mind at the same time and I didn't particularly enjoy it.

"What the hell is going on? What happened seven years ago!?" I demanded to know these answers. Eric held my hand and braced me for whatever news he was about to speak of.

"Eric, you might not w-" Eric cut my brother off and spoke for himself, if there was anything he was amazing at...It was that.

"Connor's my brother." He stated.

I broke his grip from my hand and backed away.

No

No

Connor is my brother

"Connor is my brother." I told them and shook my head violently.

"Cassia, your father-" I cut him off.

"Our father." I croaked but he sighed in response.

"Our father adopted me, Cassia." He told me but I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear those words escape his lips. He was the only one in my blood that cared about me. Now he's not even my brother? What kind of sick, twisted life is this?

I shook my head a numerous amount of times, not believing that this is what was happening. He has always been my brother. I kept telling myself this but it didn't matter, I knew now that I was lying to myself.

×××××

Eric and I left without me speaking another word to Connor. I had nothing to say, I didn't want to speak to anyone really. Everytime I tried, nothing would come out of my mouth.

"Cassia, you're going to have to speak to me at some point." Eric announced but I looked away from him, still not being able to conjure up my words. He sighed deeply and looked away from me again.

"I just, why me?" I finally spoke but it didn't make much sense. "I would've preferred it if you had just lied to me and pretended he is my brother." I paused, "He was the only person related by blood that actually cared for me, now I have no one."

"You have me Cass." He told me.

"Yeah, well I'm still not sure that I have." I looked up at him and my eyes were already watering. He will never love me once I tell him I'm divergent.  I knew that if I didn't tell him, it would eat away at me every day for the rest of my life and I didn't want that. I wanted us to be truthful with each other from the start but if I told him, there was a chance that he would kill me.

"I don't see why you're getting so emotional about this, Cassia." He stated and I wasn't sure either until it hit me, hard.

"Because Connor was the only one who cared about me, I told him things no one else knew, I trusted him because I thought he was my brother Eric. If I had known all along, I wouldn't have said those things to him. He has lied to me for the past 7 years, Eric. He told me that he was my brother, tucked me in at night. He stood up for me when dad tried to hurt me. I know now that all of that was a lie. A stupid, huge lie." I was biting my lip, trying not to burst out into tears there and then.

♤♡♢♧SHORT CHAPTER IK, SHOOT ME♧♢♡♤
♤♡♢♧SORRY LOVES♧♢♡♤