25

Eric's POV

I searched everywhere for her and I meant everywhere. I had only been gone two days. She couldn't have hid that well from me surely. As I entered the dining room, I came across Four and stopped him harshly.

"Where's Cassia?" I asked him, gritting my teeth at him. He looked at me and I knew he couldn't contain his pain. "Where the fůćķ is she?" I held his throat then, trying to choke him.

"She said she loves you." He choked out and I released him. "She said she couldn't do it anymore, Eric. She had to leave." He told me and I shook my head in disbelief.

"She wouldn't do that to me." I told myself and kept shaking my head.

"Believe what you want." Four attempted to leave me, I pulled him outside. "Eric I can't tell you where she's gone." He added, I extend my jaw and glare at him. Why would she leave me like that? "Now get off me." Four shook me off and I tried to stop myself clutching back onto him.

×××××

I had to go to the only other place that would know where she'd gone. She would've told him.

Jack Kang.

I barged into his office but it seemed like he was expecting me, then I remembered he had the security cameras wired up to his room. He saw me enter the building and walk up.

"Where is she?" I asked, quite angrily.

"Why would I be inclined to tell you that?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at my question. He knew straight away I was talking about Cassia. He would use her against me from now on.

"Because you're Candor, you can't tell lies." I retorted then he chuckled.

"She's in the city, that's not lies." He smiled at me wickedly. He was winding me up and he enjoyed it. "I can't tell you Eric. She would never forgive me." He added, looking at me with more pity now.

"Why?" I asked, basically begging.

"Eric, she's divergent." He came out with that word. The word that started war, and was many people now. She was one of them.

My beautiful Cassia, a divergent. I shook my head, not believing it. "This is why she left, she knew you wouldn't accept her for who she was." He told me and it broke my heart.

I shook my head in disbelief once again. No. I told myself. "You can't accept her, she was right." He stated and I looked up at him with anger. Of course I could accept her. Why did she have to leave me?

"If I tell you where she is, you can't go there. Promise me that one thing." I couldn't promise.

I could never promise such a thing like that. I needed to see her again. Another time, to persuade her to come back. "If you don't promise, I'm not going to tell you." He added to the sum.

I thought about it for a minute. What are you doing? Just lie.

"It promise, Mr Kang." I sighed deeply to make sure he knew what Cassia meant to me.

"I had nothing to do with it, okay? Just remember that. Four decided to take her there, it was all Four." He announced before telling me. He was stalling but wasn't very good at actually doing it.

"Just tell me where she shîťțīnğ is!" I growled at him and he was slightly taken a back by my voice. He straightened himself up again then and spoke again, he spoke that horrible word.

"Factionless." That was the only word he said and the only word I had needed.