twenty four

"you're so confusing, jack." i shake my head while i set my things down. "you say things like that and then you turn your back on me completely."

"what do you want me to do?" he narrows his eyes at me.

"you can't possibly be mad-"

"wanna know something?" he cuts me off and i raise an eyebrow. "you annoy me. you make me want to hate you, but at the same time, i can't. there's something about you and i can't quite put my finger on it."

"those are called feelings." i tell him, taking a seat.

he snorts, "no."

"yes."

"i don't have feelings towards others and i sure as hell don't have feelings toward you."

"ah, denial." i nod my head. "it's cool if you feel something for me." i shrug.

"what?" his eyebrows pull together.

"it's not like you can have me anyway."

lies. i wouldn't know how to feel if jack liked me. it would be odd because i was the girl who all of the nerds liked and none of the cool jocks.

"want me to go fetch your coffee?" i ask him.

"i want to talk to you. something i've told you before. you can't date other employees, so whatever you and blake are trying to pull, i'd watch your back."

i thought he'd be ad at me for skipping work, but he's mad because i'm seeing blake?

"i'll go and get your coffee anyway."

i needed a valid excuse to leave the room. i can't avoid him because i'm his assistant. my shaky legs walk toward the concession room, but a voice stops me once again.

"you have some nerve to be coming back here, whore."

i slowly turn, narrowing my eyes at alexa.

"oh, the irony." i put my hand on my chest. "the only whore here is you. how did you get the rest of the day off yesterday anyway? did it involve being on your knees? not to beg, but to-"

she gasps, "are you jabbing and insulting our boss?" her eyebrows raise.

i shrug, "what's the worst he can do about it? i know your game alexa and frankly, i do not care. you can have all of him."

"i don't need you to tell me that. we all know he'd pick me before you."

is that why i got in bed with him before you did?

"you bitch." i mutter.

"i'm going to report to mr. gilinsky that you're harassing me!" her high-pitched voice squeals and some people begin to look at us.

"go right ahead!" i throw my hands up in the air.

if jack really hated me, i would've been kicked to the curb already.

*

"what are you doing here?" i ask, standing at my front door all dumbfounded.

"i was thinking about what you said earlier in the office and maybe they are feelings. i just don't know how to deal with them." jack replies, stepping into my apartment without my consent.

as if on instinct, i take a step back, but he just keeps walking toward me. i let go of the doorknob and he shut the door behind him.

"why do you keep backing away from me?"

"i don't want you to touch me." i say and he smirks.

"i've never heard of anyone rejecting me before." he shakes his head and chuckles. "come here."

"why are you here?" i question, ignoring jack's request.

he remains silent and blunt and continues to walk toward me. i examine him and the top buttons of his white linen shirt are undone and his sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. i'd be lying if i said he didn't look hot at the moment.

i realize that's i have been standing statue still when jack grabs my forearm and pulls me to him. a gasp escapes my lips and i look up at him. my hands go to his chest, trying to get some distance in between us.

jack's hands go around my waist, pulling me closer to him. he looks down at me and his eyes bore into mine.

"jack..."

"i haven't even started anything and you're already saying my name?" he grins.

"i can't do this with you." i tell him. "blake-"

"don't tell me that you guys are dating already." he lowly says, tensing against me. "you just found out about my feelings and now you want to talk about another guy with me?"

his eyes darken and his enveloping arms tighten around my body. to ease his anger and to shut him up, i tiptoe and peck the corner of his lip. jack's eyebrows pull together as if he were super confused by my action.

"i don't understand-"

"just be quiet." i shush him and he does so.

now, i'm the one bossing him around. his eyes flicker from my eyes down to my lips and i take this as a sign that he wants to kiss me. maybe i shouldn't be with blake. wouldn't want him getting fired now, would we?

"you're killing me, kehlani." jack groans.

he suddenly presses his lips against mine and my eyes automatically flutter closed. i kiss him back eagerly and he runs his hand runs his hand up and down my back. the sound of our lips smacking and disconnecting is the only thing i can hear.

his palms go to the back of my thighs and he hoists my legs up and around his waist. he removes his lips from mine and looks at me. a smile comes across his face and i look at him puzzled.

"what?"

"where's your room?" he chuckles. "i mean, we can do this on the couch-"

"no!" i exclaim. "it's the last room down the hall."

he carries me toward my bedroom, repetitively pecking my lips. i hear jack kick my door open slowly with his foot. he slowly sets me down on the comfy bed and hovers over me. i hold underneath his jaw as his tongue invaded my mouth.

my fingers then go toward his button up and i begin to undo the rest of the buttons. he begins to kiss down my jaw and neck and toward my own chest. his rough fingers glide across my skin as he lifts my shirt up from the hem.

"are we actually going to be fucking? you were mad at me earlier." i breathe and he pauses.

he kisses my lips slowly before answering, "we won't be 'just fucking' this time."

now i'm the bipolar one.

{vote, comment, share}

G-EAZY IN JANUARY, JACK AND JACK IN FEBRUARY, BRYSON TILLER IN MARCH 2016 IS STARTING OFF LIT