Chapter 26

"I'm just saying that it isn't fair that YOU get a room and I just get a stupid cast that doesn't even have a marvel reference!" Haley yelled in disbelief. Saylor shushed her and turned her attention towards me.

"Was she betting on getting a special cast?" Saylor questioned I nodded my head and smiled. Saylor slapped her forehead. "I've gotta talk to a doctor. This is an OUTRAGE!" Saylor yelled and walked out of the room. Haley followed.

"They are so so stupid." Jason muttered. Lucy elbowed him playfully in the stomach and he doubled over. "I didn't say you were stupid." He wheezed.

"Girls gotta stick together." Lucy shrugged. Jason grumbled under his breath but stopped when Lucy looked at him. I smiled at them.

"I'm just saying, Chance. You couldn't have killed Drew when you first saw him because of a feeling. It wouldn't go over in court. Even if I wish it would." A voice said. I looked towards the door and saw Derek and Chance walk in. Chance shrugged.

"I'm just saying that I could've done it." He retorted. I held in my laughter at the two. Sometimes it's funny how things work out. Chance snapped his head towards me and narrowed his eyes challengingly.

"I told you that I didn't like him." He stated and walked out of the room yelling,"I'm grabbing Whataburger!" Derek snickered at him.

"Your mom is with Grant. He insisted on getting you something from the gift shop." Derek explained. I nodded my head and opened my mouth. "Nope. No talking." Derek covered my mouth with his hand. I wrinkled my nose and licked it. He snatched his hand back and gave me a disgusted look.

"What? Were you raised in a barn?" He asked. Lucy and Jason snickered at his reaction.

"Hey Jason, weren't we going to run to Chick-fil-a?" Lucy inquired. Jason looked downright confused.

"I thought Chase and Jake were doing that?" Lucy looked at him. I could almost see her willing him to read her mind. She sighed and slapped her forehead.

"Come on Dumb-butt." She muttered and grabbed his hand, leading him out the door.

"Hey! That's my saying!" Jason objected. Derek  had a twinkle in his eye as he collapsed in the chair.

"What do you say that she had a double meaning under her words?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, yeah. Women telepathy or something. Now down to business. Do you think coach will let me out of practice? I ran A LOT today." Derek inquired. I shook my head. His coach will never let him out of practice.

"Didn't think so." He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I'm not going then. I'll blame on you, ok?" I stared at him in disbelief. He just saved my life and he's just sitting in the chair like nothing happened. He sat up quickly and slapped his forehead.

"I almost forgot! How are you feeling?" Derek blurted. I stared at him in awe. He never stops moving, does he. "I also wanted to remind you that I WARNED YOU ABOUT DREW! Who was right? Derek was right." He did a dance around the room and sat on my bed.

"Guess what? Chance tried to get Ralph in your hospital room. It was hilarious. Eventually they caught him because APPARENTLY suitcases can't bark." I rolled my eyes at him. He was rambling about the most random things.

I sat up and slapped him softly in the back of the head. He needs to stop pretending like he isn't shaken up. Derek sighed and flopped on his back. I patted the spot next to me and he scooted over to it.

"What did the doctor say about your voice?" I stuck out my hand and he gave me a piece of paper. I wrote:

He said that if I wish to talk without being in pain, then I have to have a surgery. The surgery can either make or break me. There is a chance that it will help and there is a chance that it will keep me from even attempting to speak ever again. I don't know what to do Derek.