⎡20⎦

Over time, Harry's wounds healed and everything as back to normal. Or so I thought. The mousey haired boy, Colin Creevy, was petrified just like Mrs. Norris. To make it worse, that imbecile Lockhart was having a Dueling Club. Could he be more idiotic? 

It was now December and I was in the Great Hall, that was set up for the Dueling Club, with Hermione. We stood against the long stage as Lockhart stepped on the stage.

"Gather 'round, gather 'round!" He started fast walking towards the end of the stage. "Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!" He spun around. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works." Ha yeah right. 

He took off his cape and threw it at a bunch of fawning girls. I rolled my eyes."Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Snape walked onto the stage reluctantly. "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear." I bit my tongue to keep from laughing. Everyone knew that Snape was a beast at DADA. They walked up to each to each other and swiftly brought their wands to their face. Then back down. They bowed slightly at each other and turned around. They took a few steps down the stage and whipped around. "One, two, three" Lockhart counted.

"Expelliarmus!" (Or the other way is: "Ex.............. PELLIARMUS!") Snape shouted bringing his wand towards Lockhart. Lockhart went flying backwards.

"Whooah!" He slowly sat up in shock.

"Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares?" Ron replied. Lockhart got up and strutted towards Snape keeping his cool.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious- ah- what you were about to do

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious- ah- what you were about to do. And if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy."

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape said without moving a muscle. Lockhart Looked around nervously.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape! Ah... Let's have a volunteer pair! Um, Potter, Weasley, how about you?" They started to get on stage.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, perhaps?" Oh shit. Snape turned around and pointed for Draco to go up. I sighed and looked at Hermione. We both knew nothing was going to end well.

The two boys walked towards each other.

"Wands at the ready." Lockhart instructed. They brought their wands up.

"Scared, Potter?" Draco asked.

"You wish." Harry replied. They brought their wands down. They turned around and walked the other way. They pointed their wands at each other.

"On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent- only to disarm." Lockhart said.

"We don't want any accidents here. One, two-"

"Everte statium!" Draco yelled. Harry went flying backwards. We gasped and the rest of the Slytherins laughed. Harry got up and pointed his wand again.

"Rictusempra!" This time, Draco went flying backwards. Snape lifted him up by the robe and pushed him back.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart exclaimed.

"Serpensortia!" Draco waved his wand and a snake came flying out. The snake headed towards Harry.

"Don't move, Potter." Snape said coming towards Harry. "I'll get rid of it for you."

"Allow me, Professor Snape." Lockhart replied. "Alarte ascendare!" 

The snake went flying up into the air and back down. It just made it madder. Harry started walking towards the snake. 

"Sya- hassa- she."

Was that.. parseltongue? The snake turned towards a scared looking Hufflepuff boy. (A/N: Not the same one from the train. This boy is Justin Finch-Fletchley)

"Sya- hasi- heth. Sya- hasi- heth." It looked towards Harry.

"Vipera evenesca," Snape said pointing his wand towards the snake. It disappeared in ashes. 

"What are you playing at?" asked the Hufflepuff boy. Harry looked towards him, then Lockhart, then Snape.

Poor poor Harry.