40

"How do I look to you right now? How do I look to myself?"

~Nevermind-BTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took a while for him to fully calm down, took a lot of talking, and convincing, and everyone embraced him at least thrice. Even through to the next day, he didn't feel right, like something was amiss, like it was cloudy even when the sun was shining. Not so much that he'd been lied to, Mrs. Park had been telling the truth, everyone told him the truth, but even then it was like though they believed it, it still might not be true.

Everything was so fragile.

Whether he wanted to or not, next day he had school and he kind of wanted to go in a way, in another way, he wanted to stay home and not see anyone, because at least in the house no one was just allowed in, and there wasn't Jae-hwa to worry about. But if he stayed home, he wouldn't be able to see Hana, and he wanted to see her.

Gym was about to start, so Taehyung was sitting in the men's locker-room waiting for Jimin, since Taehyung had already gotten ready, in a pair of white shorts and a tee shirt, with a zip up black sweater over it that he'd zipped up all the way to cover his neck.

He leaned back on the lockers, leaning his head back and staring at the ceiling. So far, nothing bad had happened, even Jae-hwa was surprisingly quiet. But he supposed, somehow, maybe she'd know about the Doctor going over to the house, maybe she'd been the one to call. Taehyung wouldn't put it past her.

"V-Hyung, tell me what's wrong." Jungkook said, walking in front of him and sitting next to him, his voice a bit above a whisper. "You look so out of it lately, and you've barely talked..."

Taehyung shook his head. "Nothing's wrong, Kookie." Then he gave him a small smile.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Don't hide behind a smile. I can see through that, Taehyung, I'm not stupid. Both you and Jimin are acting weird, and I want to know what the hell's up before something happens. You can tell me, V."

Taehyung stared at Jungkook for a minute, his expression blank, thinking over if he should tell him. I'm so scared Jungkook, and I'm so sad, and angry, and I feel like if I tell someone, it will be like pulling a loose thread on a blanket, and everything will just unravel faster then I can handle.

"V..." Jungkook drifted off, but his expression said how upset he was that Taehyung wouldn't tell him.

Right about then, Jimin finished getting his gym clothes on and came around the corner, dressed just like Taehyung and Jungkook were, taking off his snapback as he walked. "Okay, let's go." He said, obviously not extremely happy about gym.

Taehyung and Jungkook got up, heading outside, since they were starting with track.

Outside, the sun blinded him for a second, but when he could see, he saw the rest of the school standing around one section of the track, divided into groups, talking to friends about something. He could even see Kyung-mi, since the entirety of the school was there, regardless of age or grade, and she seemed to be talking with a group of her friends, vividly explaining something. The gym teacher was nowhere to be seen just yet.

Hana came running up and hugged Taehyung, surprising him a little, since he hadn't seen her coming until she was basically in front of him. She hugged him tight, nearly making him lose his balance.

Jimin mouthed, 'Three million babies.' Standing out of Hana's view so she couldn't see it. Jungkook face-palmed.

Hana looked around quick, then kissed Taehyung's cheek. Her soft lips gentle and feeling like she'd barely touched them to his face at all, and it made his heart flutter. It hurts. It hurts to know someone wants to take me away from everything, and I have so much more to lose.