twenty

I did pretty well on my chemistry exam. I pushed all my problems to the furtherest part of my brain and tried to remember what catalytic converters do.

During the five minute break before lunch I go to my locker to drop all my notes and textbook and when I close my locker, there Lane is smiling at me holding up a flyer.

"Palos Hills' High Winter Wonderland," I sigh, taking the flyer out of his hand.

It's blue and has the words written in cursive, with a ball mask lying on the ground. Starts at 8o'clock till midnight.

I stare at Lane for a while and smile, "Why are you showing me this," I laugh, being vague.

"We can go together," He smiles and we begin to walk down the hallway, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm serious," He laughs.

"But I need to know something," I say and plan on asking where we are at, like Kim suggested but he knows what I'm about to ask, and he stops me.

"If you come with me, I'll tell you everything. It's on Friday, at eight, I'll pick you up." He runs away from me laughing before I get a chance to say anything else and I sigh, looking down at the poster.

Kimberly Liu Chan is a debbie downer.

"I think it's a bad idea, didn't you ever watch Carrie?" She warns, placing an apple on her lunch tray.

"Yes I have but this isn't a prom, I'm not Carrie and that's not gonna happen," I say trying to believe it.

"I'm on the dance committee, the winter wonderland is basically prom with snow," She rolls her eyes taking the seat in front of me on the table.

"Are you coming?" I said, while I hoped that she was going to be there.

"Yeah, I'm on the dance committee as I said, and Sebastian asked me," She smiles and her cheeks turn red before I even say anything, so I just grin at her.