Chapter 10

I headed back to Calum and he gave me a warm smile, causing my heart to sink. I know I'll never forgive myself for this. It was wrong and horrible, and Calum doesn't deserve me. I felt the tears form in my eyes but I blinked them away and forced myself to smile back. He wrapped an arm around me.

"Are you sober yet?" I asked.

"You tell me" he said, giving me a cheesy grin. I chuckled and punched him in the shoulder.

"Guess not." I rested my head on his shoulder. I can't stop thinking about the kiss... But I need to stop. It was nothing and it meant nothing. Michael means nothing to me. I frowned.

-

That night, I didn't sleep at all. I stayed up all night staring at the ceiling. Then, it hit me. Michael's using me. He doesn't actually want to be with me, he wants to be with...my body. That's the reason he kissed me. I swallowed the lump in my throat...he's leading me on so I'll fall for him and leave Calum to be with him. He'll use me to get what he wants, then he'll leave me. I don't mean a thing to him and I never will. I'll always be just another girl for him to mess around with. I rolled over in the bed, throwing the covers over me. I need to find a way to forget about Michael but for some reason, it's just so hard. He's stuck in my head and I can't get him out. His face is all I see when I'm alone, and I wish it would just go away. But at the same time, I don't want him to go away. I don't ever want him to go away. But I do. Why is this so complicated?

I looked at the clock and it read 4am. I decided to just get up and change. I took a quick shower and threw on some jean shorts with a bikini top if we go to the beach. I pulled my hair up in a bun. Jessica isn't awake yet so I decided on going for a walk on the beach. I stepped out into the dark morning. The waves were at a very low tide and I watched as they crashed onto the shore. The sound tends to soothe me. I sat down in front of the ocean and stuck my legs out, the water reaching only my feet as the waves would crash. I wonder what Michael's doing.

Michael?

Why does he always have to appear in my mind somehow? When I think I forget about him, he comes right back.

"Hey." I hear a voice behind me. I turned around in surprise as I saw Michael standing there.

"What do you want?" I asked, harshly. I'm not gonna give him what he wants.

"All I said was hi" he mumbled.

"Just leave me alone" I replied.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Go" I replied. He shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I don't understand why I should."

I stood up.

"You think you can kiss me whilst I have a boyfriend in order to get into my pants, and all you have to say is hi?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"That kiss meant nothing to me" he snapped. "It was a drunken mistake."

"You were drunk?" I asked, feeling my heart sink a little.

"Of course I was drunk" he said. "I wouldn't kiss you otherwise." Ouch.

"You know what?" I started. "You don't mean a thing to me!" I exclaimed.

"You don't mean anything to me either!" He shot back.

"Then leave. If I don't mean a thing to you, leave." I blinked my tears away. But he just stood there. "Well?" I asked.

"I can't leave" he said.

"Why not...?"

"Because of course you mean a thing to me..." He replied. I felt my heart beat speed up.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"You mean a thing to me...okay?" He said. I stared downward.

"Yeah, I'm sure my body means a thing to you...." I mumbled. But he heard.

"Wow, you really think I'm that low?" He snapped. I nodded.

"Of course you're that low" I replied. "That's how you are with every girl." His eyes widened in anger and hurt. I immediately regretted the words when they came out.

"You know what? Fine. I'll go." He spun on his heel and began to storm away. "And I lied. You mean nothing to me" he spat. My heart shattered. I tried to blink back tears but a few came rolling down my cheeks. I turned around and watched the waves again. Why does he do this to me? I wish I could just forget about him.

I thought for a while and decided to get away. Just for today, though. And I'm not taking my phone with me; just my car. So I walked to my car and started it up, driving into the nearly deserted highway. Every song that came on seemed to remind me of Michael, and I hated it. I hate how everything makes me think of him. I should be thinking of Calum, not that asshole.

I took a sharp turn. Where am I gonna go? I thought for a little while and decided on going to a field I used to run to all the time as a little kid. I tried to remember the directions and eventually ended up there. The field was located at a completely random place, which is also deserted and has no busy highway streets around it. I smiled, the memories running through my head. Me and my family, including my dead father would come here to have picnics. My dad told me this is where he would come to think, and also where he took my mom on their first date. I smiled, remembering when my dad would pick me up and spin me around as I kicked and giggled. I got out of the car and walked to the field, suddenly coming to the realization that dad is gone, and he's never coming back. He can't and he never will. I blinked back tears. I lay down in the middle of the field, staring up at the grey sky. I rested my eyes.

-

My eyes flew open and the sky had turned to pitch black. What? I sat up, looking around. The field. Did I fall asleep? What time is it? I had woken up from apparently falling asleep in the middle of the field. I ran to my car and started it up, checking the time. 10:40pm. What the hell? I got here at, what, 5am? Well, considering the fact I didn't get sleep at all last night...all of a sudden, rain began to pour down. I started to drive, when a loud pop sounded and the car stopped moving. What? I got out of the car and saw that I had popped a tire. It lay flat on the ground. I yelled in frustration. It's almost 11 at night, it's pouring down rain, and I popped a damn tire. I then remembered I hadn't brought my cell phone. What am I gonna do?