26

A week was long enough to change my whole life, I dyed my hair a light brown instead of the dark gloomy colour it was before and started to leave it down more rather than put it up. You could hardly recognise me, I changed features in that week dramatically.

My cheek bones had become more visible to others and myself and I started trying to highlight them with makeup provided by Evelyn herself.

Since factionless also had a tattoo place, I got a few others, including a small star just behind my right ear and a pretty daisy on my other wrist, the flowers that grew around the Candor building in the summer.

I was sitting next to Callan at one of the many dining tables at this moment in time and was glad he was here. He was basically my only friend here but he was great.

"Cassia, you remember these twits right?" I recognised them from the encounter we had when I first met Callan. I nodded and smiled at them. "The dark haired one is Joshua, the lighter haired is Vernon." They both smiled at me politely.

"Aren't you Vernon Rees? The boy from Erudite who left because Jeanine tried to kill you?" I asked. Everyone had heard the rumors. He nodded at me. Someone's shy.

"He can't speak." Callan whispered in my ear softly and I blushed.

"WHERE THE HELL IS THAT BÍTĆH!" Someone screamed while running in from the city. Everyone stopped and stared at the man. He came charging at me. Callan blocked me and stood between the man and myself.

"She fůćkïņg told them! I knew it. Their here and she told them to get her." The man rumbled.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the man.

"That stupid man with the tattoos is out there, he's making his way in with a few other Dauntless. You told them you were here." The man told me but I shook my head.

"No, no, no. Callan, you have to hide me." I begged but he was already on it. We ran full sprint to Evelyn's office, knowing she would have to hide us.

"Evelyn, Eric is coming in so she needs to hide." Callan told her as we entered and threw me into the closet. Well then. I didn't have much of a say then.

I was so glad I could see through a tiny gap in his wardrobe. I saw Eric angrily walking in, I missed him so much. This last week was horrific.

"Where the fůćķ is she? And before you ask who, you know who." Eric warned Evelyn before she tried to avoid anything.

"I'm not authorised to tell you that, Eric, it was her decision to stay." Evelyn told him but he shook his head violently. I felt like he was looking at me but I knew he wasn't, he couldn't see me from the outside.

A few people scarpered in behind him then, one of them being Dan. The guy I had fought against once. They were all holding guns to their chests.

I looked down at my tattoo then, holding back a few tears. I really wanted to just step out of the wardrobe and hug him. I wanted to go back but, I knew I couldn't. I couldn't fight against my own kind. It would be completely wrong, I would be fighting for something I didn't believe in.

"I didn't give her permission to leave." Eric growled, as if he knew I could hear him. He knew it would anger me. I didn't need his permission. I was capable of living without him.

"Why does she need permission to leave you Eric? In the end, it's her choice." Callan piped up and I was thankful be did.

Eric went silent, knowing he was wrong. He knew that all of this is what was good for me.

"Alright." He murmurs, utterly defeated by everyone. "Just tell her I miss her." He added.

I couldn't stop, I broke out into tears and didn't care anymore. He definetly would've heard me but I didn't care. I wanted him back.

He pulled open the wardrobe door, Callan was trying to stop him but I didn't want him to. I wanted my Eric back, holding me in his arms.

"Oh Cassia." He whispered when he saw me sobbing. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "You're coming back with me, sweetheart." He added, picking me up in his arms and carrying me bridal style.

I handed Callan a slip of paper with my number on it before we left and he nodded.

He knew I would need to be called now and again, to make sure Eric hadn't killed me. Callan was divergent too, I told him everything.

I told him I was divergent too.