twenty seven

"jack." i whine. "again?"

"yes, again." he replies, running his tongue against my sensitive neck.

shivers icily run down my my spine and i arch my back, moaning. i feel him smile against my skin and my fingers lace into his dark hair. his large hands go underneath my back to unzip my dress.

i'm not going to stop him because i want this too. he sits up for a moment and so do i. he quickly licks his lips before kissing me.

"i can't get enough of you." he mutters.

"'you'll never be my girlfriend'." i mock him and he tenses.

"i don't do girlfriends."

i hum against his lips, "sure... and i don't do boyfriends." i lie, but continue on.

i don't want to let him know that, that wounded me a little bit. his hands firmly grips my waists and flips us so that i'm on top of him in a straddling way.

"wow, what a view." he breathes and i grin down at him.

his hands rest on my backside as i kiss his plump lips. i then move down his jaw and neck, just like how he does to me. when i do so, his hands grip onto me tighter and he groans in pleasure.

suddenly, my phone starts to ring and jack groans, frustrated. i laugh, getting up from the bed to look for my phone.

"what?" i snap to johnson once i answer the phone.

"2k tonight!" he exclaims.

"ah, i see that nate got to you."

"yeah." he chuckles. "but are you going to come over too?"

"i don't know..." i purse my lips. "i'm busy."

my eyes flicker to jack and he smirks at me. i bite my bottom lip, listening to what j is saying to me.

"i know we haven't had a hangout night in a while." i sigh.

"reagan and her boss are tagging along too."

my eyebrows pull together, "are you fucking serious?" i mutter.

"yeah, i would invite our boss, but i don't think he's into that gaming stuff." he confess and i blow out air from my mouth.

"i'll ask. maybe he does want to come."

"but-"

"bye!" i say before hanging up.

i toss my phone onto the bed and jack looks at me, waiting for me to speak up.

"would you like to go to a hangout with me?" i ask and he smiles.

"is this your way of asking me out?"

"no!" i tell him, grabbing a pillow to chuck. "i'm jut asking because nate and sam are going to be there."

his eyebrows raise in interest, "and where is this going to be?"

"jack johnson's house. you know, the boy you hired-"

"yes, i know." he nods. "we were so close to having sex." he complains.

"i know, sorry." i laugh.

he gets up from his bed and fixes up his wrinkled dress shirt. i gather my things up and so does he. well, this isn't going to be awkward at all. me showing up with my boss, reagan showing up with hers.

it's usually johnson, nate, reagan, and me, but since nate has gotten a girlfriend recently, i'm sure he's going to bring her along.

"got everything?" jack asks me and i nod my head. "we'll go to your place after the hangout. so, you can leave your things in my car."

his large hand engulfs mine as he makes his way out of his room and house. good thing i know the address of j's place. i try not to acknowledge the middle aged lady practically gaping at us. that's when i realize my dress is still unzipped in the back.

"fuck, jack." i stop him, turning my back toward the wall.

"yes, that's what we were about to do." he smirks and i roll my eyes.

"my dress is still unzipped."

"oh shit." he laughs, scurrying to help me zip it up.

my cheeks flush with a red color from embarrassment. jack notices and grabs my face in his hands. he kisses my forehead.

"don't worry. cynthia won't ever bug you about it." he tells me.

i bite my top lip and nod my head. jack continues to lead me out to his car and he helps me with my bags.

"press his address into the gps." jack instructs and i do so.

"you sure you want to go?" i say uneasily.

"yes, why? are you embarrassed to be seen with me?" he raises an eyebrow.

"no! it's not that. it's just-"

"you seem unsure." he narrows his eyes at me. "who cares and if they question it, i'll speak up."

"what are you going to say?" i cross my arms over my chest. "we don't have a label. are you just going to tell them that we're messing around or something?"

"experimenting." he corrects and assures me. "we're experimenting with our relationship."

i inhale a deep breath and nod my head. during the entire car ride, it's just music playing in the background. we occasionally talked, but that was when we passed by places.

"my dad used to take me there all of the time." jack tells me, pointing toward a diner.

i smile toward jack, "i wish i could've met your dad. what was he like?" i ask.

"i don't like to talk about him." he spits through gritted teeth.

"i'm sorry." i say softly and quietly. "if it makes you feel any better, my dad passed when i was really young."

i blatantly remember jack telling me about his dad once. or he might've been just mocking him. i don't mind talking about my dad, only because i barely knew about him.

jack remains quiet for the rest of the ride and we pull up at an apartment complex. i didn't mean to upset him, i just thought he'd be a little open with me, but i understand why he wouldn't want to talk about his father.

i get out of the car after him, realizing he's not going to open the door for me. i walk into the building and lead him up onto johnson's floor. without knocking, i just open the door. we're best friends, we do that type of thing.

jack and i suddenly stop in our tracks when we meet the eyes of everyone. including blake and olivia.

{vote, comment, share}