Chapter Nine : Plotting & Vengence

Ajani Turner

I lit incense and pulled my hair up while making sure my playlist was set. Once that was finished I preceded to cleanup while humming along to music I hadn't heard in awhile or since I was in Jamaica. I was doing this partially because my family had left the day before and after my doctors appointment this morning I was overthinking everything.

I was pregnant and I was excited for Knox to have a younger sibling as was Kaine. It was just that today I felt like having some time to myself to adjust and let the news sink in. I wanted to map out a game plan for myself like I did with Knox and I wanted to clean up around our home which was a bit messy from my younger brothers and Knox getting into stuff.

Placing my sons toys into the bin I straightened the pillows on the couch making sure they looked nice. I fixed the blanket that was folded over the back of the couch and I made sure that there was not a single crumb on the floor. Placing my hand on my hip I eyed the spotless room once I was done and used the remote to turn the music down some.

The front door opened and I waited to see who it was. The door closed and the locks turned before Aaron appeared in the doorway and took in how nice the living room looked. He walked over and hugged me before he took a step back and held the straps of his bag.

"Kaine took Knox to the pets store to get more fish for the aquarium but I imagine they'll come back with something else" I said and Aaron smiled small. He was wearing his new clothes and seemed to be in a better mood considering he'd went to the mall with Johan who volunteered to spend time with him.

"Today was a good day. Two boys even spoke today in the food court" he said and I pointed to the couch and he and I both sat down. I touched his short hair that was soft and styled similar to my sons hair and Aaron smiled again.

"I'm not gay Jani. I know I like girls and woman, there's something about Rihanna and Gabrielle Union that makes me feel funny on the inside. I just don't think I'm ready for girls yet and I'm not ready to grow up fully yet. I wish I knew why I was like this but I don't" he said quietly.

"Did something traumatic in your childhood happen? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but I can find someone for you that maybe you'd be more comfortable with" I explain and Aaron bit his lip without meaning to while he thought.

"My mom always wanted a girl. But she had all boys" he whispered and I got the hint looking up at me with helpless eyes and I nodded deciding to go through with getting the therapist.

My phone rung and I looked at Khan's number. He was still in the city and had postponed his stay for an extra day to check out how security was behaving and to see what I was talking about with the mob.

"Why don't you go eat a snack and start your homework" I smiled and he got the hint. Once Aaron left out I grew serious and folded both of my legs.

"You were right they're everywhere gyal. Jennifer Accardi apparently wants in on her fathers business almost like she's coming for you or something" Khan said and I smiled.

"She wants to be a big gyal now. I can't wait, this is interesting" I said growing a smile as I looked at my nails.

"Don't engage her for too long. Something small can turn into something big real quick and you got another likkle one on the way. Don't forget about that meeting with that mon later on, show him no respect " Khan said and I laughed.