Reflections

All I keep thinking about is our kiss. My gaze refuses to lock with hers, as she sits in the booth in front of me. What even are we, now? I just can't handle this all. But yet, at the same time I feel like a giddy schoolgirl. Shit, I actually am a schoolgirl.
"About what happened back there..."

I pause and look over at Chloe. Her eyes are full of pain and sadness.

"Can we not talk about it, please?"

It hurts me to hear her so depressed. Even then, I so want to talk about the kiss. I won't though. For Chloe's sake.
Joyce brings us our food, and I dig in.

"Thanks," I say, "it's just as delicious as ever."

"No, thank you Max."

She walks away with a smile, although she shakes her head and sighs for a moment when she sees Chloe.
It really, really is delicious though, like always.
I look over at Chloe- she's just staring emotionless at her food. I put down my silverware, and focus my gaze on Chloe.

"I know it's bothering you."

She gives me a quick stare before looking out the window and going through her hair with both her hands.
"It's just so fucked."
She smacks her fist on the table.
"You can talk to me..."

Chloe's eyes spit fire as she turns to me.

"Are you fucking serious?! So you expect me to open up, even though you don't even say a thing about what the fuck has been going on with you."

I look away from Chloe because the only thing I see now is anger, in her once soft blue eyes.
Chloe stands up and grabs her jacket.
"You know what... just let me deal with my own problems. I'll see you tonight."

And just like that Chloe storms out of the diner and drives away.

I don't blame her for her outrage, she was right. I have been so caught up in my stupid crush that I didn't even notice things between her and Rachel actually started to fall apart.
Whenever Chloe mentioned Rachel, I didn't want to pay attention. I hated it but I should have listened. Ok, it's time to stop acting like a fangirl, and start becoming first mate Max again. Tonight, I will make it up to her somehow. After finishing my pancakes and explaining Joyce why Chloe stormed out like an angry bull, I had to make my way back to school on foot. Out of nowhere, a car starts honking.

I turn my head towards the street annoyed by whoever was honking as if his life was about to end.
My eyes rolled as I see a certain boy wave at me after being happy to have finally caught my attention.
"Do you need a ride?" Nathan asks as he pulls up in his car. I get in the car and thank Nathan. Before you freak, me and Nate aren't really friends. He's a big asshole towards Chloe, but besides that he's pretty ok to me. We drive towards the school in silence until Nathan breaks it.

"So... what were you doing going back there, alone? I saw you leave with the punk."

"Something came up, and she had to rush home."

"Is she finally getting my money?"

I roll my eyes as I open the door to get out.
"She'll get you your money Nate I promise, thanks for the ride."

"No problem Max, and I just want you to know that whatever is going on between you and Chloe... you should jump of this ship before it's too late."

I turn around to face Nathan whom is now sitting on the hood of his car.
"You don't know her like I do."

"Exactly... just don't do anything dumb."

Nathan sounds worried and the way he is talking is like he's trying to protect his little sister from bullies. I didn't know he cared so much.
"Don't worry Nate, I know what I'm doing."
I run off to class replaying Nathans words in my head. Nathan stays behind to wait for Victoria. I'm pretty sure those two are hiding something, but to be honest, I'd rather not get involved.

I get a text in the middle of history. A smile creeps up on my face when I see Chloe's name appear on my screen.
I open the text and read it in her voice for some weird reason.

"Sorry, about earlier, I'll pick you up right after school to help you with moving."

"Don't worry about it Chè. Btw take your sleeping gear with you I have a surprise ;)"

"NO EMOJII! Can't wait to see what Mad Max has in store for me."

"You'll love it! Shit teacher spotted me gtg!"

I quickly put my phone in my pocket, and act like I was doing something else, which made me smile like a dork at my legs.
"Max were you texting?"I look up at the teacher and nod.
"I appreciate your honesty. Don't let it happen again."

"Yes, miss."
Kate chuckled as my cheeks turnend red of embarrassment. I run after Kate, almost tripping over Alyssa, who was sitting on the floor for some reason.

"Hey Kate, wait!" I scream.

Kate turns around confussed.
School just ended and she was on her way to her dorm, but I really need to talk to someone about this stupid crush, and just get it out of my system. I catch up with Kate totally out of breath.
"Wow Max, what got into you?"

"Can... can we talk?" I manage to get out between deep breaths.

"Of course."

We sit on the stairs at the front entrance so I can wait for Chloe.
Of course she isn't ever on time, but it doesn't matter now, it gives me a chance to explain the situation to someone.
"I have a crush on Chloe."
Kate raises an eyebrow.
"I knew it " she says excitedly.
Now I raise an eyebrow.

"Come on Max, it wasn't a big secret or anything. I see the way you guys look at eachother I knew something was up."

"Wait Chloe looks at me?"

"How have you not noticed? Whenever you two are in the same room, you keep exchanging looks."
I blush as I try to remember a moment where I caught Chloe staring at me. I always assumed that I was imagining it all, but apparently not. I see a rusty pickup truck pull up in the parking lot, and suddenly my heart starts beating rapidly. No. not now.
I take a deep breath and calm myself.
"Good luck, Max." Kate hugs me and walks towards the girls dorms.

I get into Chloe's truck and fasten my seatbelt.
I notice Chloe staring at me and don't really know what to do.
Should I say something?
"Max... look at me."

I turn my head and meet Chloe's blue eyes. They aren't full of anger and sadness anymore, but full of love and happiness. I feel her hand on my neck as she pulls me in for a kiss.

I freeze when our lips touch once again but loosen up when I realize what is happening. Without thinking, I wrap my arms around her and fully give into the kiss.

I fucking love you Chloe Price.