7 | Coruscant Chase

Kendra's POV:

I stood next to Anakin, almost in his side as we stepped into the small-sized elevator. As much as I liked being close to him, I wasn't sure if he did.

Claustrophobia wasn't helpful, either. I blinked a few times and let out a breath to calm myself.

I quickly stepped out of the elevator as the door slid open. Anakin looked at me confused.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.
I cleared my throat. "Yes.. I'm sorry, I'm just a bit claustrophobic." I confessed.
He frowned. "Sorry."

Obi-Wan looked around as Anakin set up the plan with Artoo. As he rolled into the room, I stood still.

"Do you have any idea on who would be trying to assassinate Senator Amidala?" I asked Obi-Wan and Anakin.
"We don't." Obi-Wan answered. Anakin glared at him before looking down at the ground.

I knew Anakin wanted to find out who was killing his friend, but his only job was to protect her.

-

Zam Wesell's POV:

I quickly exited my speeder to see Jango standing on the metal platform. I removed my helmet as I walked towards him.

I watched as he placed a clear, thin tube of Kouhun's in my hand.

"Be careful, they're very poisonous."
I nodded. "I understand."

-

Kendra's POV:

I leaned against the wall as Anakin laid his head back. Obi-Wan walked around the floor, and examined every picture on the wall closely, studying them.

Something wasn't right.

That's when Obi-Wan and Anakin looked at each other.
Anakin broke out into a run as Obi-Wan followed; shouting I sense it too!

I ran along, and watched as Anakin jumped onto Padmé's bed, his blue lightsaber aiming and hitting two small long wormed looking creatures, hitting the wall.

Padmé jolted up in a gasp, looking at Anakin.
Obi-Wan looked towards the window as a small droid was flying away.

My eyes widened as he leaped through the window; breaking the glass, and gripping onto the machine. Anakin and I looked at each other before he looked back at Padmé.

"Stay here!" He demanded.
I followed him as we quickly ran. We quickly took the stairs in place of the elevator, and ran outside.

Anakin climbed into a yellow speeder as I did the same. He wasted no time in reversing, and pulling the speeder up until we were swarming through the Coruscant traffic.

"Is this safe?" I yelled over loads of honking.
"No." Anakin shouted.
I huffed.

I searched the atmosphere for a sign of Obi-Wan, and spotted a speeder following him. A head stuck out with a blaster in their hand, and aimed it at the machine.

Obi-Wan had let go, and was falling through the traffic. Anakin pulled back the controls, and took us down fast.

Obi-Wan landed on the back of the speeder, and climbed to the front. "What took you so long?" He yelled as he switched spots with me.
"Oh, you know Master. I couldn't find a speeder I really liked. One with-"

"UP!" Obi-Wan shouted.

Anakin pulled the speeder up, and several honks filled ours ears.

"Where are you going?" Obi-Wan yelled in frustration.
"I'm taking a short cut, Master," he answered.
"I think."
"Watch what you're doing!"

"I'm sorry, Master. I forgot you don't like flying."
"I don't mind flying, but what you're doing is suicide!"

-

The speeder stopped after trying to find the assassinator. Obi-Wan sighed.

"Great job, Anakin. We went a completely different way."
"I'm deeply sorry, Master." Anakin said, not sounding sympathetic at all.
"Just turn aro-"
"Will you excuse me."

My eyes widened as Anakin jumped out of the speeder. I looked over the side as he fell, his arms out.

"Is he crazy?" I shouted.
"I'm afraid so," Obi-Wan muttered. "I hate it when he does that."
"What now?" I asked.
"You know how to fly better than me, follow him."

I climbed into the seat, and pulled back the controls to take us down.

I steadied my focus as I ducked the on going speeders as we came downward. Anakin was in view, and he was on top of the Assassinator's speeder.

It was then when the speeder of the Assassinator popped bolts, and sped towards the ground. My heart raced in my chest as it hit the ground, sending Anakin across the ground.